Official Trip to Oregon for Duck Hunting Thread

Dude just fly on your own. McChord birds usually don't go back to washington. This is comming from a 4 yr with the 437th AMXS.

Gotcha, I know it will be a long shot. I do see our Charleston birds making the random trip every once in a while. I'll also check Jacksonville NAS. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Gotcha, I know it will be a long shot. I do see our Charleston birds making the random trip every once in a while. I'll also check Jacksonville NAS. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Where do you work at in CAFB? I will never call it Joint Base Charleston.

If you're into scenery and landscapes you don't get east of the Rockies, a quick and reasonable trip would be to fly into PDX on Thursday afternoon, spend the evening checking out the hippies in town. Friday take a full day drive west out through river gorge to Hood River, then up over Mt. Hood to Bend and then over to Eugene. Leaving Eugene head West to the coast and up to Seaside and then back into Portland. Feel free to stop at any of the brew pubs that tickle your fancy or any of the wineries on the coast (being responsible of course). Dang. Now I'm daydreaming.

If you can possibly squeeze it into your itinerary, don't forget about Crater Lake National Park. Formed by the caldera of an extinct volcano, Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States (nearly 2,000 feet) and its waters are the most extraordinary shade of blue I have ever seen. For information on this destination, and it is a small national park, incidentally, see the following sites:

Crater Lake National Park - Crater Lake National Park

Park Newspaper - Crater Lake National Park

Hotels and Lodging Near and Around Crater Lake | Crater Lake National Park | US Park Lodging (talk about a room with a view)

We have Charley birds here reagularly it wouldn't be that hard and a lot of our missions come back through the north east bases. But just check with APS about a month out and they will know.

The Chip Kelly news just made this trip slightly more interesting. Can't say im definitely in yet but if I start to hear the yearly "we will be awesome" news coming out of spring practice, it may tip in favor of the trip.

We have Charley birds here reagularly it wouldn't be that hard and a lot of our missions come back through the north east bases. But just check with APS about a month out and they will know.

Those birds are coming back from Manas. atleast that's what I always saw.

If you're into scenery and landscapes you don't get east of the Rockies, a quick and reasonable trip would be to fly into PDX on Thursday afternoon, spend the evening checking out the hippies in town. Friday take a full day drive east out through river gorge to Hood River, then up over Mt. Hood to Bend and then over to Eugene. Leaving Eugene head West to the coast and up to Seaside and then back into Portland. Feel free to stop at any of the brew pubs that tickle your fancy or any of the wineries on the coast (being responsible of course). Dang. Now I'm daydreaming.

Edited to clarify that you would drive EAST out of Portland through the River Gorge.

That's a large amount of driving for one day.

edit: obviously you meant for this to be two entire days to/fro EUG

BTW, Eugene does have an airport with Alaska, Delta, and United service. If staying at the Hilton, they will pick you up and drop you off complimentary. It's a good 15-20 minutes to the hotel from the airport

Last edited:
Had this marked on the calendar since they scheduled the game. I'm looking forward to the golf, hear its really good. Also looking forward to chuckling as I enter their HIGHLY OVERRATED 50k stadium.

Reactions: 1 person
ok im going. my in laws live close to eugene. so take rt 22 to bend through the mountains and from bend to portland. the road takes you by mt hood. very nice drive.

VN Store

Back