Was Manti Te'o in on it?

Did Manti know?

• Total voters
At first i was 110% sure it was all made up, now im not sure, im leaning towards the hoax, but there are still a few things i cant understand

think of all the publicity he got! he stole heisman votes from other candidates! he used this falseness to raise his draft stock.

Reactions: 1 person
think of all the publicity he got! he stole heisman votes from other candidates! he used this falseness to raise his draft stock.

And you're the kind of redneck that makes this board a laughingstock. Shut your **** garage now and then.

He has to be. If he does somehow turn out to actually be the victim which I very much doubt, Vince Young's wonderlic test score might have a challenger.

yeah a guy who was an all american his junior year needed to create a fake gf to get more votes while bringing ND back into the top ten...I totally see him being in on it smh

He has to be in on it. There's just no other way that makes sense. I mean come on guy, you're a super popular LB on Notre freaking Dame. The guy could just walk around and point to any girl and say you, let's go. Why would he carry on a relationship with someone online? If it's true that it was a hoax, why was he so upset about someone he never met? I mean at some point he started fabricating some things. He had told his parents he had met her also.

Do you think Manti Te'o was in on the hoax?

- Online relationship for 3 years, never met in person (he lied about it)
- Claimed that she was the love of his life yet he didn't try to go see her in her biggest moment of need
- Is family friends with a known conspirator
- Still talked about his girlfriend succumbing to cancer even after he purportedly knew that wasn't the case

There are too many holes in the story for me to believe he didn't know. Heisman-candidate stars at Notre Dame aren't this dumb or desperate.

Reactions: 2 people
He was in on it, but what's more of a hoax was that he was this great linebacker, what a joke, the boy got trucked in the National Championship

Ras will take up for Manti. A woman doesn't even have to be real to ruin the life of a man.

Do you think Manti Te'o was in on the hoax?

- Online relationship for 3 years, never met in person (he lied about it)
- Claimed that she was the love of his life yet he didn't try to go see her in her biggest moment of need
- Is family friends with a known conspirator
- Still talked about his girlfriend succumbing to cancer even after he purportedly knew that wasn't the case

There are too many holes in the story for me to believe he didn't know. Heisman-candidate stars at Notre Dame aren't this dumb or desperate.

Common sense is lost on this generation, so be careful.

the more I think about it the more I believe he was initially tricked. Once he found out the story was so widespread that he had no idea how to get out and just went along with it. Of course I do not completely dismiss the possibility that this was an elaborate hoax set up by MT and/or close friends so he could grab some spotlight

i kind of agree with him, what ever there is to this had absolutely nothing to do with "stealing" heisman votes from someone else or raising his draft stock, that's just rediculous

I don't think it has to do with any of that either. I don't think this was devised 3 years ago with that in mind. I think it was either a joke that got way out of control or it was a cover for him being gay.

thing about it is, unless i've missed this somewhere in all of this cluster****, his grandmother did just die around the same time so it's not like he was totally fishing for sympathy votes when something bad had just happened

VN Store

Back