Good Article on Bray

If Phillip Rivers can be successful in the NFL, anybody can. Rivers is about as mature as my 12 year old, yet he has been successful. He's about the only QB I can point to in the NFL and say if he can do it, Bray can too.

Rivers has a really high attention to detail, is a smart QB, and loves the game.....I like bray but he is not close to Rivers at this point....I watch both every week considering the chargers are my team

Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to see Bray get taken in the middle to late rounds by a team like Baltimore or San Francisco. Maybe even Seattle if they deal Matt Flynn. I think he could be a solid backup and a team like one of those may even develop him down the road, but god forbid he goes to a team that he'll have to play early for. I think that could be ugly and cut his career very short.

They don't hand out multi-million dollar contracts to those drafted after the 3rd round...and failing to make the practice squad....:salute:

The guy in the article said a lot of the same things I have about Bray since last year's Fla. game...and most on VN have ridiculed me for saying them. Come April, we will see.

What do third round picks make then? Russell Wilson signed a $3 million contract in the third round. Is that "multi"?

I'm sure none of them are smart enough to understand his circumstances and think he should have stayed and honed his skills playing in a spread option offense.

Except that's not exactly what he would have run had he stayed.

I wish all our Vols the very best trying to make it to the NFL.

Bray has alot of growing up and learning to do and a serious attitude adjustment is priority 1 for him.

He's always had the physical talent and now we'll get to see if he can grow up and get it all together between his ears.

Hunter has to learn to get over the lingering fear of getting hurt again and Patterson has to learn the playbook and how to run precise routes on every play.

Sentimore just made a big mistake IMHO and should have stayed another year to better himself and have more proof for the NFL guys to evaluate him on.

I think Sentimore lost himself several Million $$$ by leaving early and that's sad.

VFL...GBO!!!

I wish all our Vols the very best trying to make it to the NFL.

Bray has alot of growing up and learning to do and a serious attitude adjustment is priority 1 for him.

He's always had the physical talent and now we'll get to see if he can grow up and get it all together between his ears.

Hunter has to learn to get over the lingering fear of getting hurt again and Patterson has to learn the playbook and how to run precise routes on every play.

Sentimore just made a big mistake IMHO and should have stayed another year to better himself and have more proof for the NFL guys to evaluate him on.

I think Sentimore lost himself several Million $$$ by leaving early and that's sad.

VFL...GBO!!!

Agree, but as someone noted in another thread, Sentimore makes sense because of the new 4 man front. He would have proly moved to DT, where there will be more competition and less playing time perhaps. We do at least have 2 solid DTs next year...

NFL will run this clown thru the ringer. It won't be pretty.

I saw a 2013 mock draft and it had Bray either going to San Diego, Buffalo or Green Bay.

Of course, it all depends on how each q.b. does in the combine. One may pass the others, due to their workout.

So, if Bray goes to San Diego, he will learn from Rivers, who has the exact same personality as Bray. he won't see the field very much either.

If Bray goes to Green Bay, he will be on the team with B.J. Coleman and Aaron Rogers. Of course, he will not see the field very much.

If Bray goes to Buffalo, he will be behind Fitzpatrick and will get some playing time. Fitzpatrick signed a long term contract but he is a dis appoinment and a good back up can easily get some playing time, when Fitzpatrick messes up.

I'd like to see Bray go to Dallas. Wouldn't take him long to beat out Romo. :)

Except that's not exactly what he would have run had he stayed.

Of course not. My point though is what QB with options would want to spend his Senior season enduring the growing pains of a new offense?

Rivers has a really high attention to detail, is a smart QB, and loves the game.....I like bray but he is not close to Rivers at this point....I watch both every week considering the chargers are my team

I'm not referring to talent, I'm referring to immature attitude.

Good post/link OP. Confirms everything I saw through the years plus some. There was very little progression through the years. The analyst could have used his freshman games with his junior games and it would have been very similar. He learned to get rid of it quicker and in better spots some of the time, but that was about it.
What bothers me is that we saw this for three years. I don't understand why Cheney did not put his foot down thru the years to correct this. They let Bray have his way which did more of a disservice to him that may haunt him in the pros. He's exactly like Cutler. That being said he's VFL and I hope succeeds.

Yes but those defensive players in today's game are a lot quicker than in Favres younger days. Favres would get ate up in today's NFL.

Last I watched of Favre---he was STILL gettin' it done in today's NFL at almost 40 years old for his last team and almost had them in the SB....so you wanna try to put that statement to the CRAP test again????????

Reactions: 1 person
Yes but those defensive players in today's game are a lot quicker than in Favres younger days. Favres would get ate up in today's NFL.
I don't think that players today are that much quicker than 20 years ago. Maybe a hair, but not that much. If you went back to the 1960's, I would agree.

What bothers me is that we saw this for three years. I don't understand why Cheney did not put his foot down thru the years to correct this. They let Bray have his way which did more of a disservice to him that may haunt him in the pros. He's exactly like Cutler. That being said he's VFL and I hope succeeds.

Zackly!!! Good-Bad-Ugly is right!

That's why I hated "no guts" Cheney...he didn't aggressively deal with Bray to help develop or build him up nor did Cheney put in place corrections for Bray's immature attitude.
If none of that worked Bray should have been
yanked out until it was fixed!

Great article summing up what
even I as a lay person in the crowd & former football Mom could see...
The coaching of our QB
was very very wrong...

We're moving on thankfully!!

GBO!!

VN Store

Back