The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we need a sticky at the top of the forum. Bruce will never coach at UT again.

Maybe so, but a lot of people like him and would love for him to come back. What's wrong with people wanting him back? It doesn't hurt me or anyone else for hoping it happens.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember that "L "to OSU vividly

We beat also beat OSU in the tournament as well cus I rubbed it in everyone's face up here but then we went on to loose to Michigan State by a last minute foul shot which I was shocked for like three weeks.

Sorry.

I remember the drive by Ramar down the right side and 40 year old Greg Oden swatting it to end the game. UGH.

Well, all I saw with my orange glasses is Conley fouling Ramar on the last shot and not getting it called. He was all over him. You can almost call a foul on OSU on the rebound that Ramar got to take the last shot. The only way they come back was the refs calling every ticky tack foul against us and TN not getting anything called.

Listening to Pearl talk about on PTI about how he is getting the itch to coach again really makes me think that he will be back soon. Do y'all think that could be at UT? Would he even want to come back to UT?

Reactions: 3 people
I don't see him ever coming back to UT. With that said, I would love to have him back after his show clause is up.

Listening to Pearl talk about on PTI about how he is getting the itch to coach again really makes me think that he will be back soon. Do y'all think that could be at UT? Would he even want to come back to UT?

Wrong forum, hell yeah bring him back.

I would take him back in a heartbeat. Say what you want about BP or CCM...Bruce had a way of united and energizing the fan base. His style of basketball was a fast paced high flying alley-oop acrobatics show that was much more entertaining to watch. Consistent NCAA tourney berths. Yea, he is welcomed back anytime IMO.

But to answer your question, Bruce will never coach at UT again. (Not saying that I wouldn't want him to)

I would love to see Pearl redeem himself on our court.
I still will never forget him signing a couple hundred autographs at a kids camp AFTER he was fired. It was a soccer camp. I hope Martin gets it done, but would love Pearl if he does not.

We don't really have to wait until the Show Cause expires. The university would only have to go before the ncaa and promise to put restrictions on his activities until the Show Cause expiration date. At this point, I'd be willing to settle for a temporarily restricted Bruce Pearl over an unrestricted Cuonzo.

I'd love Bruce back CM deserves a chance to redeem himself I'd say if he doesn't get us on track next year then a change might be in order IMO.

I would take him back in a heartbeat. Say what you want about BP or CCM...Bruce had a way of united and energizing the fan base. His style of basketball was a fast paced high flying alley-oop acrobatics show that was much more entertaining to watch. Consistent NCAA tourney berths. Yea, he is welcomed back anytime IMO.

Another thing that I'm constantly amazed at. After about year 2, the helter shelter, pressing style of play disappeared. After that it was tractor pull style basketball much like we're seeing now.

This fanbase has no right to make fun of Alabama fans with "the Bear is dead" jokes anymore. Between the Fulmerites and Pearlophiles, no fanbase in college sports is worse about living in the past than UT. Both coaches deserved their terminations and neither one will ever be on a UT sideline again.

Reactions: 4 people
This fanbase has no right to make fun of Alabama fans with "the Bear is dead" jokes anymore. Between the Fulmerites and Pearlophiles, no fanbase in college sports is worse about living in the past than UT. Both coaches deserved their terminations and neither one will ever be on a UT sideline again.

And yet you love kiffin LOL

Says the guy that is head over heels in love with Lane Kiffin.

I like Bruce. Met the guy, he saw me wearing a UT shirt and his face lit up when he saw my face face lite up. Very friendly man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back