Josh Richardson's free throws

I don't think he's ok.

Well, considering him and McRae are the only ones that put forth an effort, I'd say he was tired. Or he probably didn't care at that point. This leads me to the rational decision that every UT fan comes to.............FIRE JIMMY CHEEK :crazy:

They were bad misses, but his body language afterwards should concern CCM more.

They were bad misses, but his body language afterwards should concern CCM more.

IMO the version of Josh Richardson you are seeing this year is the same one you saw last year, the only difference being is that he is much more confident this year. He was scared and timid last year on offense, he always had the ability, but he just needed time to feel comfortable.

A player that has confidence issues is likely to be very nervous shooting free throws in a pressure situation. I can relate, I get nervous watching him shoot them, I can only imagine what it must feel like.

Game on now on ESPNU. Just saw the free throws (did not see game last night). That had to be a ****ing joke.

Free throws is all about confidence and repitition. Hate to say it, but I am/was a decent outside shooter, and I have struggled with FT's at times. I think I would rather have a catch and shoot reaction than thinking about the shot.

It is contagious, too. Golden is not shooting them well either, and it just gets to where other guys catch the problem. Just have to worj through the funk.

Last edited:
Free throws is all about confidence and repitition. Hate to say it, but I am/was a decent outside shooter, and I have struggled with FT's at times. I think I would rather have a catch and shoot reaction than thinking about the shot. It is contagious, too. Golden is not shooting them well either, and it just gets to where other guys catch the problem. Just have to worj through the funk.

thats what i referred to earlier. I would have rather pulled up from 3 with a step back or rhythm dribble with a hand in my face rather than step to the line and shoot a set shot. Not all players are like that of course, but many more than people think, and it's a reason why so many ft's are missed.

thats what i referred to earlier. I would have rather pulled up from 3 with a step back or rhythm dribble with a hand in my face rather than step to the line and shoot a set shot. Not all players are like that of course, but many more than people think, and it's a reason why so many ft's are missed.

Yep, my buddies used to joke with me that I shot better with a defender on me than having a wide open shot. It's not always the case, but sometimes, just reacting and going on feel is better than thinking about it.

"Good....Lord."- The announcer after that attempt.

But, getting back to Richardson, the boy was shook. Must've been loud as hell during his first attempt and he's staring at 23,000 blue shirts trying to get his team back into the game. When he saw what happened with the first one, there was zero chance he'd hit the second.

Well the good news with Stokes being in foul trouble is that he didn't have to attempt any FT's.

Hard to say anything negative about Josh. He gives 110% every game. Wish Golden and Stoked gave the same effort .

VN Store

Back