The Association Football Thread

United could easily drop 3 points to Spurs tomorrow. RvP will probably bail them out once again though. He is so dirty.

Pep should have been the new boss at Arsenal.. Why they have faith that things will get better with Wenger; I'll never understand.

1. Our back four are very suspect.
2. Fergie moaned about Rooney not getting a penalty. I love United, but that wasn't a penalty.
3. The score line is a reflection of the match. In truth, Spurs should have won. United winning would have been robbery.
4. City get Liverpool and Chelsea at the Etihad. United get Chelsea and City at OT, but they still have to go to Arsenal.
5. Tottenham reminds me so much of South Carolina in that it seems they play to the level of their competition
6. I fear Madrid will gut us.

GGMU

I'm extremely late to the party on this, but I bet Abramovich feels like a genius for sacking RDM. Fans hate him, players don't seem to be fond of him.

2. Fergie moaned about Rooney not getting a penalty. I love United, but that wasn't a penalty.

Are you serious saying that wasn't a penalty? Really? Rooney was clearly taken out by Caulker, who got none of the ball. It was a stone wall penalty.

In any case, it wasn't a great game, but that's to be expected as the conditions were awful.

Are you serious saying that wasn't a penalty? Really? Rooney was clearly taken out by Caulker, who got none of the ball. It was a stone wall penalty.

In any case, it wasn't a great game, but that's to be expected as the conditions were awful.

It wasn't. The official let challenges worse than thatgo unpunished several times throughout the match. Giving a penalty that would have been garbage. The match turned out how it should have. Fergie needs to get over himself.

It wasn't. The official let challenges worse than thatgo unpunished several times throughout the match. Giving a penalty that would have been garbage. The match turned out how it should have. Fergie needs to get over himself.

Are you serious? A foul is a foul whether the official was letting worse challenges go is irrelevant. If you stick your leg across a player and get all man and no ball then it is a penalty. No ifs or buts, it was 100% a penalty. Every pundit after the game said it was. Redknapp and Neville were both adamant.

"Fergie needs to get over himself"??! He is the greatest manager in the history of the sport, quite frankly he can say whatever he pleases.

Are you serious? A foul is a foul whether the official was letting worse challenges go is irrelevant.

I disagree. What is a foul to you might not be a foul to Howard Webb. What is a foul to Harry Redknapp might not be a foul to Mark Clattenburg. Obviously, neither the official nor the assistant found anything wrong with the challenge. Does that mean it wasn't a penalty? That's up for debate as you have made abundantly clear, but what ultimately matters is the official's decision. He agrees with me.

If you stick your leg across a player and get all man and no ball then it is a penalty.

I've watched the replay three or four times. It was a questionable challenge, but that would have been a soft penalty to give. I would have been pissed if Lennon had been given a penalty for a similar challenge.

No ifs or buts, it was 100% a penalty.

It 100% wasn't because it wasn't awarded. Sorry.

Every pundit after the game said it was. Redknapp and Neville were both adamant.

I could give a damn what either of them has to say. The ones calling the game didn't think it was a penalty, but their opinion carries no more weight than mine or yours. What matters is what the official calls.

"Fergie needs to get over himself"??!

That's what I said.

He is the greatest manager in the history of the sport,

We agree.

quite frankly he can say whatever he pleases.

Of course he can, just like Mancini can, just like Pardew can, just like Benitez can, and just like anyone that has access to a microphone can.

I get why you think that is a penalty. I simply disagree with you. That would have been a weak-ass penalty to give. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would be pissed.

Last edited:
Are you serious? A foul is a foul whether the official was letting worse challenges go is irrelevant. If you stick your leg across a player and get all man and no ball then it is a penalty. No ifs or buts, it was 100% a penalty. Every pundit after the game said it was. Redknapp and Neville were both adamant.

"Fergie needs to get over himself"??! He is the greatest manager in the history of the sport, quite frankly he can say whatever he pleases.

The commentators and every analyst said no foul.

The commentators and every analyst said no foul.

Were you watching American commentary? I'm not surprised. Oh and Graham Poll (one of the best refs of all time) wrote a nice article in the Daily Mail reiterating my claim that it was an obvious penalty.

Were you watching American commentary? I'm not surprised. Oh and Graham Poll (one of the best refs of all time) wrote a nice article in the Daily Mail reiterating my claim that it was an obvious penalty.

John Champion and a fellow that used to manage Tottenham (Pleat I think was his name) were the commentators.

I mean there was a handball on Man U in the box that went uncalled. Soccer games always have missed calls. Not sure why the whining.

Odd. The FA seems to disagree with alexmanu's assertion that Fergie can say what he wishes. He may receive charges for doubting the integrity of the referee's assistant.

Odd. The FA seems to disagree with alexmanu's assertion that Fergie can say what he wishes. He may receive charges for doubting the integrity of the referee's assistant.

The FA can do what they want, Fergie has been charged before and it doesn't stop him. I'm surprised you know so little.

VN Store

Back