1-19 Won loss record of Vols in last 20 SEC contests in football, basketball and bas

Baseball

Mike Hamilton can't be blamed for everything, can he? What gives?

Thoughts?

Hamilton spared no expense in building the best facilities and then went cheap when hiring head coaches.

He didn't have a clue as to how to over see his programs, he had no pull with the SEC or NCAA, his coaches had no respect for him (see Pearl's actions and responses to NCAA), and he really didn't have a clue as to what a good coach does or is supposed to do.

Hamilton was the worst hire in UT sports history.....maybe even in SEC history.

I miss when we were relevant in the SEC and was always a threat in the SEC / National Championship. Recently, we feel a lot like Kentucky (in football).

Well....I guess it's good that we haven't lost a national championship game that we've been in since '98....

Hamilton spared no expense in building the best facilities and then went cheap when hiring head coaches.

He didn't have a clue as to how to over see his programs, he had no pull with the SEC or NCAA, his coaches had no respect for him (see Pearl's actions and responses to NCAA), and he really didn't have a clue as to what a good coach does or is supposed to do.

Hamilton was the worst hire in UT sports history.....maybe even in SEC history.[/QUOTE

Well you have to question hart he wanted dools to stay.. What does that say about him...then he tells us he got our back. No search firm needed he had it all under control... Then sends cheek to see strong....wtf is that.. I wont even talk about grud..

To me we are still in trouble from an ad perspective.. Anyone that thought dools could coach is an idiot.. How he pushed coach sal also.. N the of salary he agreed to for that pig....

Yes it suxs to be a fan because the people in charge don't seem to care.

Baseball

I saw this on another site, and thought it was a very interesting stat. Wth is going on at UT? How in the world can EVERYTHING be upside down like this? For the exception of womens basketball, it's embarrassing to be a Vol!

Thoughts?

It's never embarrassing to be a VOL. It is however embarrassing to have fans that think that way when things get bumpy.

Reactions: 1 person
Baseball

I saw this on another site, and thought it was a very interesting stat. Wth is going on at UT? How in the world can EVERYTHING be upside down like this? For the exception of womens basketball, it's embarrassing to be a Vol!

Thoughts?

Way to wallow in the misery. We are all well aware how bad we have sucked in all sports lately. Really I see no need to remind everyone.

It didn't need to be in print to know we are in a struggle and why wouldn't most of it be on Hamilton.Hired Todd Raleigh,hired Lane Kiffin hired Derrick Dooley hired Bruce Pearl which worked for awhile till he went stupid and lied to th NCAA. And Hamilton did give Dooley the Golden Handshake (5 million dollars).It may not be 100%.. on Hamilton but he sure gets the lions share of this messThen throw Cheek mister i could care less about athletics into the picture and BINGO are you guys understanding the picture which most of you already knew but i guess some have just come out of the woods.

UT of today versus when I was there in the 90's is night and day difference. The facilities and equipment are far upgraded but the personnel and profs don't hold a candle to the people I worked and studied with consistently. The family atmosphere is gone. A perfect example is my senior year I was in a motorcycle crash. My mentor came to see me, one prof, and one GA as they came to park west to visit me in the hospital. UT snubbed my mentor/counselor who literally turned my college life around with honors no less and now he is at Ohio State. He speaks very negatively about UT now and he was a huge flag-waver for years. Don't even get me started on Hamilton.

This does not include the new set of athletic coaches as I have not had an opportunity to meet them as of yet so I hope I am wrong in this case.

Never thought I would say that we are a doormat and it is a damn shame.

Reactions: 2 people

Hamilton was the worst hire in UT sports history.....maybe even in SEC history.[/QUOTE

Well you have to question hart he wanted dools to stay.. What does that say about him...then he tells us he got our back. No search firm needed he had it all under control... Then sends cheek to see strong....wtf is that.. I wont even talk about grud..

To me we are still in trouble from an ad perspective.. Anyone that thought dools could coach is an idiot.. How he pushed coach sal also.. N the of salary he agreed to for that pig....

Yes it suxs to be a fan because the people in charge don't seem to care.

An idiot is someone that cant understand that hart wanting Dooley to stay meant he was trying to sustain stability. This thread is all about the issues that Hamilton brought on to UTAD for yrs prior to Dooley and hart. Everyone knew that Dooley needed time to get the situation straightened out. He wasn't given that time because dumbazz fans frankly don't understand the health of the program and what it takes to fix. It's just not about the w/l column at this moment but actually fixing the behind the scene problems. Dooley was the best combination of rebuilder and coach at the time which is hard to find. There are so many people on here that say he was a crappy coach but would make a great AD. Well the combo is what we needed and i hope we dont anymore cause we dont have that in cbj. Hopefully hart can sustain and continue to rebuild the AD on his own and allow CBJ to just solely focus on coaching football. Something Dooley never had a chance to do. If the foundation isnt solid enough and hart can't do it on his own then we will continue to be in this situation.

An idiot is someone that cant understand that hart wanting Dooley to stay meant he was trying to sustain stability. This thread is all about the issues that Hamilton brought on to UTAD for yrs prior to Dooley and hart. Everyone knew that Dooley needed time to get the situation straightened out. He wasn't given that time because dumbazz fans frankly don't understand the health of the program and what it takes to fix. It's just not about the w/l column at this moment but actually fixing the behind the scene problems. Dooley was the best combination of rebuilder and coach at the time which is hard to find. There are so many people on here that say he was a crappy coach but would make a great AD. Well the combo is what we needed and i hope we dont anymore cause we dont have that in cbj. Hopefully hart can sustain and continue to rebuild the AD on his own and allow CBJ to just solely focus on coaching football. Something Dooley never had a chance to do. If the foundation isnt solid enough and hart can't do it on his own then we will continue to be in this situation.

Is this some kind of joke?:crazy:

It's never embarrassing to be a VOL. It is however embarrassing to have fans that think that way when things get bumpy.

You can fool yourself if that's what you want to do. If you weren't embarrassed when Vandy beat the chit out of us this year, then maybe you're not as big a fan as I. The players, coaches, and fans were embarrassed. You must be an exception to the rule. You and whomever clicked like on that post of yours...

Last edited:
You can fool yourself if that's what you want to do. If you weren't embarrassed when Vandy beat the chit out of us this year, then maybe you're not as big a fan as I. The players, coaches, and fans were embarrassed. You must be an exception to the rule. You and whomever clicked like on that post of yours...

I think you are missing the difference here. It's fine to be embarrassed about the way your team has played. I was embarrassed sitting there in that crap stadium in Nashville, but not embarrassed to be a VOL....just embarrassed about the way we played.

Baseball

Thoughts?

Yes He can and should be blamed. Dooley and CM are his hires and both are losers.

VN Store

Back