Watch live 7 p.m.: GM to unveil new Corvette

Lick me, please.

C6vert4.jpg

Stingray79.jpg

is that stingray a '69?, and do you have any other pics of the interior?

It's a '75...the '69s have chrome bumpers on the front and back and "gills" on the side...

Here's the interior...

Stingray96.jpg

Something a little different...

Stingray94.jpg

And something else different...

Stingray91.jpg

sweet, i like that white interior and the upgrade under the hood

I think it looks better with the a-pillars painted. Here is a Photoshop done by someone.

xlarge.jpg

It's just a different experience. I've had coupes and convertibles, and I like both. Just happen to have two verts right now.

I'll be honest, though...I didn't find the removable targa top on the C6 to be all that pleasant of an experience. It's OK, just not great.

It's just a different experience. I've had coupes and convertibles, and I like both. Just happen to have two verts right now.

I'll be honest, though...I didn't find the removable targa top on the C6 to be all that pleasant of an experience. It's OK, just not great.

Why is it not as good an experience?

Curious because I am thinking off going this route.

I used to have an Elise which was a targa and the wind noise was decent at high speeds...issue though was everything compared to the motor sounded decent.

The vehicle I had before was a wrangler 2 door and the wind noise above 55 was insane. It was odd because it would sound find up to 55 and then just change over.

I am looking to get a new vehicle and am down to three, new boxster S, new four door wrangler, and new corvette.

I want to have an open top but do not like wind noise at all.

How would you compare wind noise on the coupe top off compared to convertible version of the corvette? The windshield is alot higher than the Elise it looks likes which should help with cabin wind.

Why is it not as good an experience?

Curious because I am thinking off going this route.

I used to have an Elise which was a targa and the wind noise was decent at high speeds...issue though was everything compared to the motor sounded decent.

The vehicle I had before was a wrangler 2 door and the wind noise above 55 was insane. It was odd because it would sound find up to 55 and then just change over.

I am looking to get a new vehicle and am down to three, new boxster S, new four door wrangler, and new corvette.

I want to have an open top but do not like wind noise at all.

How would you compare wind noise on the coupe top off compared to convertible version of the corvette? The windshield is alot higher than the Elise it looks likes which should help with cabin wind.

The wind noise in my old '06 coupe with the top out was a lot more than I was expecting. It was blustery in the cabin, and GM had problems with the targa tops from the factory...there was a recall issued on them because of a creaking/popping noise they were making.

In contrast, the convertible model (C6) is very civilized with the top up, a huge step up from the C5 convertible, which was quite noisy. With the top down, its a great experience, even at 70mph.

Mind you, these comments are directed at the C6s...I would be shocked if the C7 hasn't been improved on in that category. Personally, I would give up the vert and the coupe with removable top in a second for a C6 Z06, but they are not quite in my price range yet.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I had a boxster and thought the wind noise was alot, even with the top up...The wife currently has the new jeep, and it's nice but no Corvette, so I would go with the Vette out of your 3 choices

I had a boxster and thought the wind noise was alot, even with the top up...The wife currently has the new jeep, and it's nice but no Corvette, so I would go with the Vette out of your 3 choices

I find the Boxster to have less wind noise than the Miata or old BMW325i I had - I guess it's all relative.

I drove my 986 (original style Boxster) for over 4 hours straight on the interstate between 70 and 80 and found it to be quite comfortable.

VN Store

Back