Oregon's New Head Coach

zero-sum

29 Strong VFL
Justin Wilcox, IMO, w/ Peter Sirmon and Tosh Lupoi joining him.
Look for some recruit flips as well...currently 247 has UW recruiting class is ranked 11th w/ UO 25th.

Who do you think will become the Ducks next HC? And how do you think this will effect both Oregon and Washington's class?

Reactions: 1 person
I can't see Oregon giving anyone a first-time shot at a HC job. They don't have to. They have everything it takes to attract a HC from another program.

I can't see Oregon giving anyone a first-time shot at a HC job. They don't have to. They have everything it takes to attract a HC from another program.
This is true. UO gave an OC from FCS a shot with no FBS experience. And then gave him the HC position after two years. Helfrich (current OC) is not CK imo. It'd be a short term solution given the talent coming back. But long term, several years from now? Doubtful.

I can't see Oregon giving anyone a first-time shot at a HC job.

They have and will with the right candidate.

They have everything it takes to attract a HC from another program.

Agreed. But Oregon is still to face the NCAA music so more than likely it will be someone who has a vested interest, like Wilcox, or someone not concerned with the fallout, possibly Briles.

Reactions: 2 people
Peterson (will turn it dn) Wilcox (will accept) will be approached. Briles may have interest. I think (SF's) Roman will be considered. Here's a dark horse that may shock some but it really shouldn't---Jeff Tedford.

Reactions: 2 people
They should make the OC interim and actively search all the way through this season and name a coach next off-season...

Mullens names OC Mark Helfrich as Head Coach.

Although names have not been released Mullens said that he interviewed five HC candidates in person and others by phone---we can only speculate who that might have been. With the keeping of Helfrich Oregon will at least have continuity. Prior to Oregon Helfrich was OC (3 yrs) for CO.

We also promoted our wide receivers coach, Scott Frost, to offensive coordinator. Some of you may remember him as the quarterback from the Nebraska team that won a national championship in 1997. Chip Kelly took our defensive line coach with him, but the rest of the coaching staff remains intact.

Well oiled machines can promote from within like this. We'll see if they can keep it going. CCK was a helluva coach.

VN Store

Back