injuries

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Ariel Massegale was help out of todays game to be sure she is ok,a good move by CHW i don't know what happened to her or

Jasmine Phillips all i got out of CHW statement after the game,was that she has pulled a muscle ? and it will be yet to be determined if she will be ready to go against Chattanooga if you have heard anything else or about others please post it

Holly said Ariel could've played today but they held her out to give her injury some more time to heal. She will be ready to go when the regular season opens up on Friday.

I'm wondering if it is injuries sustained at the Carson Newman game ,i didn't listen to that one

No, both Ariel and Jasmine were held out of the Carson-Newman game, also. Ariel's injury has been described as slight and indications are that she will be able to play on Friday. Jasmine's is more serious and she was walking with a crutch/cane at the beginning of the Carson-Newman game. No timetable for her return has been discussed other than to say that Holly was leaving it in the hands of Jenny and the medical staff.

Jim

Ariel is not injured. She just has some tendonitis they are trying to let heal up. I think it was achilles tendonitis. It just needs some rest. I have had it several times and it is not much fun.

I do hate that for Jasmine any idea what the problem is ? Good to know that Ariel will be ready to play,i can't wait to see em play Friday

I do hate that for Jasmine any idea what the problem is ? Good to know that Ariel will be ready to play,i can't wait to see em play Friday
Jasmine has a real bad muscle pull. There is not much you can do but give it rest and this is a bad time for her to be sidelined. She will be behind the others in system development and also getting to know how to interact on the floor with the other players. The timing and tendencies of others is what will be missing along with being in game shape. It's a shame. This will be a Lady Vols weekend. I'm going to the UTC game and the GT game. I look forward to watching the interaction of the staff and players. GO LADY VOLS!!

Carter went down hard on her arm on a pass block play today,i don't think she came back in the game,has anybody heard anything ? she may be fine,i just don't know,please post it when you here something,she does have till next Sunday to rest it

it looks like Carter has injured that shoulder again today,they have a 2 week lay off,hopefully with the time off,she will be back,ready to go,i wish her well on the recovery

Good time to have 2 weeks without a game for Carter. Hope she didn't aggregate the injury significantly and that it heals soon.

CHW said on Vols Calls that Carter will be reevaluated about her shoulder injury,that she hasn't participated in any practices so far ,so there is no telling if it is a critical injury or not,CHW did say they would do what is best for Carter

Izzy Harris has hurt her ankle in the Texas game,had a ice pack on it at the end,hopefully just a sprain

i'm behind on updating this thread :) as we all know Carter is out for the year and Burdick broke a bone in her hand

all i have been able to find about Burdick,is there hoping for her to be back early Feb.

has anybody else heard anything about her injury ?

Senior Taber Spani

. All this time, she's been dealing with what she described as "back stuff."

"I live in the training room, no matter what," she said, "just to survive, honestly."

that don't sound good,explains a lot about her performance this year

Lady Vols looking to get rest, not relaxation » GoVolsXtra

I missed the part on how & where Burdick broke the bone in her hand. I know it's been weeks ago now. I know she was playing a game one day & the next thing I hear is she would be out till Feb. How did that happen? Was it like an overnight type thing? Does anyone know how that was done & did they make that public? :question:

Yes, it happened during practice. Just a freak accident but should be back in 3-4 weeks.

she is missed for sure,i just hope it heals well and fast so she can get back in the line up

You know, once she's back to form, she'll be putting points on the board like she's trying to make up for lost time...lol. And that's a good thang. :dance2:

Burdick was apparently doing one-on-one defensive drills with former Vol Bobby Maze. Got her fingers caught in his shirt and fractured a bone.

Burdick was apparently doing one-on-one defensive drills with former Vol Bobby Maze. Got her fingers caught in his shirt and fractured a bone.

Thanks for the explanation on how her injury happened. I hope nobody else gets hurt in practice this season but I know things like this does happen. Practice can be rough at times as we all know like when a player blows their knee out or sprains an ankle.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back