The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00pm ET (1/15/13), ESPN

I was there for almost every game.....our schedule was much weaker..."probably more talent on the court and never ever had the feeling we could seriously compete with the best of the best.

We had a 7 point lead against UNC in the Elite 8 with 5 minutes to go and I'd say theSEC was better in the late 90s. We played with a lot of great teams

Reactions: 1 person
People asking to give Martin more time did not use Pearl as an excuse. After some bad games, people came on and asked to get Pearl back. Frankly it is not relevant to our current state. He left Martin a mediocre roster last year- no returning starters and no solid guards. Martin hasn't recruited PG real well but I am giving him a chance. Next year will be critical for him.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I never ask for Pearl back and I never said CCM doesn't deserve more time. I'm sick of the constant comparing of every coach and player that comes through this University myself but it amazes me that people still blame football on Fulmer and basketball on Pearl. This bk is poorly coached and CCM has failed to recruit at an SEC level and to blame Pearl for that is just stupid. Our players are not progressing and generally just look lost.

We had a 7 point lead against UNC in the Elite 8 with 5 minutes to go and I'd say theSEC was better in the late 90s. We played with a lot of great teams

His first and last year's record were mediocre. He had talent and underachieved in the tourney. But he did have some good wins.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I never ask for Pearl back and I never said CCM doesn't deserve more time. I'm sick of the constant comparing of every coach and player that comes through this University myself but it amazes me that people still blame football on Fulmer and basketball on Pearl. This bk is poorly coached and CCM has failed to recruit at an SEC level and to blame Pearl for that is just stupid. Our players are not progressing and generally just look lost.

Well I have been on the basketball board all season and Pearl comes out every loss, especially from non regulars. Pearl win with good guard play and inherited good guards. Martin did not, but he hasn't recruited well. Richardson, McRae, and Yemi have improved. Golden is a bit of a anamoly- he had to score for us last year but is slow for D1. Martin deserves some time to get Maymon and Hubbs. I still think we win 17-18 games in regular season.

That UNC loss still hurts. That was our best chance to get to the Final Four until the E8 run a few years ago.

That was exactly my point ..up by seven and knew we would lose bc we always did. By the way that was the sweet sixteen not the elite eight....you failed to mention the other three tourney appearances losses to Illinois state, Missouri state by 30, and Charlotte all in the first round. The schedule I was referring to was the out of conference, there weren't near the huge upsets.

Well I have been on the basketball board all season and Pearl comes out every loss, especially from non regulars. Pearl win with good guard play and inherited good guards. Martin did not, but he hasn't recruited well. Richardson, McRae, and Yemi have improved. Golden is a bit of a anamoly- he had to score for us last year but is slow for D1. Martin deserves some time to get Maymon and Hubbs. I still think we win 17-18 games in regular season.

You gotta realize why Pearl was favorited by a lot of people including me. He had some talent when he took over. That talent had a mindset of losing and always bottom feeding. Bruce changed the mindset from day one and that made him great here. CCM hasn't shown the motivation or ability to coach his kids up.

You gotta realize why Pearl was favorited by a lot of people including me. He had some talent when he took over. That talent had a mindset of losing and always bottom feeding. Bruce changed the mindset from day one and that made him great here. CCM hasn't shown the motivation or ability to coach his kids up.

I favored Pearl but nothing is bringing him back. He is not relevant anymore. No reason to compare. The guys play hard for Martin- that is evident. We just don't enough good basketball players yet.

I favored Pearl but nothing is bringing him back. He is not relevant anymore. No reason to compare. The guys play hard for Martin- that is evident. We just don't enough good basketball players yet.

I think only one or two players max play hard. Is it for Martin or is it because our pre season starters are playing that badly? I don't think the team is fully behind the coaches and it is becoming evident on the court. It's not a show like it was with Dools

That was exactly my point ..up by seven and knew we would lose bc we always did. By the way that was the sweet sixteen not the elite eight....you failed to mention the other three tourney appearances losses to Illinois state, Missouri state by 30, and Charlotte all in the first round. The schedule I was referring to was the out of conference, there weren't near the huge upsets.

I thought we were getting over the hump; that was really a pretty good year. Dominated a good UConn team in the 2nd round and had UNC under control until they just fell apart. I still curse Tony Harris to this day. Those teams had so much talent but a complete mental invalid for a coach.

I thought we were getting over the hump; that was really a pretty good year. Dominated a good UConn team in the 2nd round and had UNC under control until they just fell apart. I still curse Tony Harris to this day.

I curse Jerry Green more for that loss. We fouled their big guy out and still lost. Tons of talent that year.

I think only one or two players max play hard. Is it for Martin or is it because our pre season starters are playing that badly? I don't think the team is fully behind the coaches and it is becoming evident on the court. It's not a show like it was with Dools

Rich, McRae, Yemi, McBee (very limited) all play hard. Golden is just slow and mentally weak. Don't know what is wrong with Stokes. We don't have all basketball players. Cannot make shots when we need it. Athletes aren't always basketball players.

:clapping: :salute: :hi:

I thought we were getting over the hump; that was really a pretty good year. Dominated a good UConn team in the 2nd round and had UNC under control until they just fell apart. I still curse Tony Harris to this day. Those teams had so much talent but a complete mental invalid for a coach.

I agree....would have loved to have seen those players under a different coach.

John Jenkins never considered anyone but Vanderbilt. He committed to Vandy very early and immediately shut it down. He let everyone know he wasn't interested.

Because a UT offer never came. He committed his junior year, which is not uncommonly early these days. This came directly out of Seth Massey's (Station Camp HC) mouth and he only hopped in the conversation cause he heard my dad and i discussing the UT-Bama game Saturday. Unless you're in the Jenkins household, I'd say Massey knows the situation much better than you.

Reactions: 1 person
Huh? What instate talent? How many players instate did Pearl get? Chism and??

Tennessee has plenty of instate talent. Memphis gets a lot of them now, but Alex Proythress, John Jenkins, excetera were darn good players. Look at the recruiting sites to see how many top 100 players TN produced this year. I never mentioned Pearl by the way.

VN Store

Back