Basketball 5Stars

RICK0380

We do not have good luck with 5 star basketball players. Hopson, Ramar Smith, Duke.Crews, seems maybe Jarnell Stokes. These guys just never played to their potential. I hope Stokes breaks out of this And maybe Hubbs will come in playing ball

Remember that with rare exemption bigs develop more slowly than guards. I can't name a lot of 5star 4/5s that were world beaters after a before age 20. I can name a ton of one and done guards.

Remember that with rare exemption bigs develop more slowly than guards. I can't name a lot of 5star 4/5s that were world beaters after a before age 20. I can name a ton of one and done guards.

I agree but he has to be able to mustard up more than 4 or 5 pts a game. I think I could make that lol jk

IMO Stokes isn't a bust. When Maymon went down everyone should have figured he would struggle. Without the other physical big guy in the paint he is not going to look like he did last year.

Hopson was leading scorer for us. Just cause he didn't go to the League doesn't mean he was a bad player.

IMO Stokes isn't a bust. When Maymon went down everyone should have figured he would struggle. Without the other physical big guy in the paint he is not going to look like he did last year.

Have to agree. I don't think I've ever seen a player get such an automatic double team.

Have to agree. I don't think I've ever seen a player get such an automatic double team.

He simply isn't athletic enough, or have enough moves to beat a double team IMO, that's why he was so good WITH Maymon. It forced teams to go one on one with stokes where he's much more effective. Also, Maymon was a great interior passer, he often drew stokes defender and dropped the ball into his lap.

Stokes needs to be more physical on his post ups, and decisive in his first move (part of this is on the guards too). ONE TIME stokes last night got Noel up into the paint, reversed him and sealed him and it resulted in a quick and easy layup. Dykes kept showing and saying that's what he needs to do, but yet he doesn't do it.

Reactions: 2 people
5 stars still need development too. Goodwin and Poythress are examples of that. Too bad they are gonna be pushed out the door.

If the expectations for Hubbs aren't tempered, I feel some are gonna be critical of him early on as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Golden disagrees. :)

5 stars still need development too. Goodwin and Poythress are examples of that. Too bad they are gonna be pushed out the door.

If the expectations for Hubbs aren't tempered, I feel some are gonna be critical of him early on as well.

My fear as well.

I wasn't saying he is a "bust" just that he isn't performing that well. I was saying Tennessee as a baskeball program kinda always "bust" with these 5 star guys. Tobias cashed in after year 1 so he played it smart. Then again with him and Stokes then I think this thread never happens.Still a good bit of games left maybe Stokes will get more physical and we can make the tourny some how

I wasn't saying he is a "bust" just that he isn't performing that well. I was saying Tennessee as a baskeball program kinda always "bust" with these 5 star guys. Tobias cashed in after year 1 so he played it smart. Then again with him and Stokes then I think this thread never happens.Still a good bit of games left maybe Stokes will get more physical and we can make the tourny some how

So with Maymon healthy this thread probably never happens?

We do not have good luck with 5 star basketball players. Hopson, Ramar Smith, Duke.Crews, seems maybe Jarnell Stokes. These guys just never played to their potential. I hope Stokes breaks out of this And maybe Hubbs will come in playing ball

I would kill to have Scotty back.

I can not make a strong argument over that, although I believe Scotty has better release of the basketball over McRae and McRae is still skinny as F compared to Scotty.

I don't care what the release looks like as long as the shot goes in. McRae may be skinnier but he's a lot more willing to drive than Scotty was.

I don't care what the release looks like as long as the shot goes in. McRae may be skinnier but he's a lot more willing to drive than Scotty was.
Can't believe who I'm watching sometimes.
Even had his shoulder in Noels mid section trying to move him out of the way.
Fouled several times (no calls) and just kept coming.
Jordy has definitely found his game.

VN Store

Back