Josh Richardson's free throws

I like him too, but those free throws were like the dunk he missed when TN played memphis, it killed any chance of winning.

When he misses normally it's back of the rim...not an air ball way to the left...then short way to the left

I understand. And like I said if it comes out he had a concussion ok, but he just looked scared. He usually takes his time, those it looked like he couldn't get rid of the ball quick enough.

it was really loud in rupp during the FTs. it sucked.

That blew any chance we had of making a comeback.

This team has poor ball handling guards, no true PG, and shoots free throws like they are blind. Just one of those is a disaster waiting to happen in a close game down the stretch. We have the luxury of having all three of those traits which leads to losses in close games.

He had that nobody at home look on his face. He took a pretty good shot. If that's the case maybe Martin should of taken him out of the game. Either way I actually felt bad for him.

He had that nobody at home look on his face. He took a pretty good shot. If that's the case maybe Martin should of taken him out of the game. Either way I actually felt bad for him.

I almost never feel bad for my own team's players. 99 times out of 100, I get really angry with them and scream at them through the TV. I would much sooner blame them than make excuses for them.

And yet, seeing Josh's face after that airball miss, I felt very, very bad for him. Dude was terrified.

Free throw percentage is a good indication that a player is or is not putting in extra time practicing them. It is obvious that Richardson nor Stokes are putting in extra time trying to get better. Shooting 50% on a shot that middle school girls routinely make is just not acceptable. We win the Georgetown and other games if these superb athletes who can jump out of the gym would practice foul shots. I guess ESPN doesn't show FTs on their highlights, but you can win more games by making the free ones.

Free throw percentage is a good indication that a player is or is not putting in extra time practicing them. It is obvious that Richardson nor Stokes are putting in extra time trying to get better. Shooting 50% on a shot that middle school girls routinely make is just not acceptable. We win the Georgetown and other games if these superb athletes who can jump out of the gym would practice foul shots. I guess ESPN doesn't show FTs on their highlights, but you can win more games by making the free ones.

Richardson isn't trying to get better? That's funny, he may be the most improved player on the team.

I get the frustration with FTs, but I don't think you can simply say that if a players FT % is bad is automatically means he's not trying to improve as a player.

Reactions: 3 people
Had to be a combination of nerves and blunt force trauma. Can you imagine how trippy/terrible that would feel?

This.

JR plays his tail off and is the 4th option to score in Zo's offense. The more you do the better you get when you are as talented as he is.

Just like JM. Pearl and now Zo have taken 3 years to figure out what a casual observer could see when he first arrived on campus - that he needed to be in an offense where he could create and stay on the floor for at least 30 minutes a game. Instead we got Pearl's son and JM sitting the pine until recently.

JR needs to stop always having to be the defensive stopper so he can get out and create offense. He is the second best offensive threat they have and once he gains confidence at it he will excel. The rest of the guys need to step it up on D so he doesn't have to cover for them. The only other guy they have that will play hard on D is Yemi. JR is getting better at it, but Golden, Stokes, Hall, McBee and Reese are lost on D.

being on the ft line can be tough, no matter what people say. JR is a slasher and midrange jump shooter. Standing on the line for a set shot that isn't in normal game rhythm is tough for many athletic players. Not as tough for women as they generally are already shooting set shots. Add in that he struggles there, changed his release this year, was on the line with noone around, big point in the game with pressure, hadn't been there all night, fatigue... and you have ugliness. It happens. Kid is a baller and his ft's didn't cost us the game. Just unfortunate. But I think some people lose sight of how difficult it can be up there by yourself in front of 20k people yelling at you and you know you have to make them.

being on the ft line can be tough, no matter what people say. JR is a slasher and midrange jump shooter. Standing on the line for a set shot that isn't in normal game rhythm is tough for many athletic players. Not as tough for women as they generally are already shooting set shots. Add in that he struggles there, changed his release this year, was on the line with noone around, big point in the game with pressure, hadn't been there all night, fatigue... and you have ugliness. It happens. Kid is a baller and his ft's didn't cost us the game. Just unfortunate. But I think some people lose sight of how difficult it can be up there by yourself in front of 20k people yelling at you and you know you have to make them.
People looking for excuses and some one to blame.
Our lack of perimeter defense cost us this game.
18 points from usually uncontested 3s.
Can't leave guys like wiltjer wide open and defend Mays with a McBee.
13 TOs for this team isn't bad and 11-16 from FT is our norm.

VN Store

Back