Calm Down

I agree this has been a disappointing season.

But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with the Ole Miss loss.

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.

We suck in BB , we suck in FB. There is nothing to interest casual fans in the 2 big money-maker sports. The Vol ship is sinking at an accelerating clip. Martin needs to be replaced.

Not sure what the nation expects...the guy has some top talent coming in but it's thin and oddly matched this year. We'll be good before too long ..was watching #2 Indiana and thinking Creen and that team was about where we are now 2-3 years ago...things seemed to work out once he got some players..relax

Ten of the players were brought in by Martin.

If you were at the Ole Miss game it was looking a lot like the Wade Houston product.

I've watched enough Houston coached games and Martin coached games to distinguish Martin coaches nothing like Houston. Houston never got another head coaching job for a reason after being fired from UT.

We need some decent PG play and we will be fine. Golden needs to break out of the funk he has been stuck in.

I've watched enough Houston coached games and Martin coached games to distinguish Martin coaches nothing like Houston. Houston never got another head coaching job for a reason after being fired from UT.

Wade could coach decent, he was just the most pathetic recruiter in the history of college basketball. He would sign awesome players such as Norman Marbury who he knew had no chance of ever showing up on campus.

Wade could coach decent, he was just the most pathetic recruiter in the history of college basketball. He would sign awesome players such as Norman Marbury who he knew had no chance of ever showing up on campus.

Wade never was a decent coach at X's and O's. Ever. He was Denny Crum's recruiter. That was all he was good for. He got the job because Lamar Alexander wanted the first black head coach to ever coach basketball in the SEC. It was a political hire and we got his son. After Allen left, they won all of 5 games. If you have any coaching acumen at all, you can find a way to coach your team to more than 5 wins.

Its ok guys. Trust the system. We dont want to win in Rupp anyways. Its all part of Cuonzo's plan.

With the way UK's recruiting is this was our best chance to steal a win in Lex for a long while. UK wont be this average (for UK standards) again while Cal is there.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree this has been a disappointing season.

But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with the Ole Miss loss.

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.

Cuonzo approves this message. But in all honestly, the lack of energy from the team is wearing off on the fans. Apathy is setting in, so people will be calm and disinterested.

This thread would've been much better if it would've been titled:

Calm Down and Drink Beer

Because when it's all said and done, this team makes you want to drink.

Cuonzo approves this message. But in all honestly, the lack of energy from the team is wearing off on the fans. Apathy is setting in, so people will be calm and disinterested.

What game did you watch tonight? Lack of energy was the last problem for this team. It was the same mistakes with ball handling and turnovers. UT played hard, but not smart. UT didn't play hard or smart in the Ole Miss game.

What game did you watch tonight? Lack of energy was the last problem for this team. It was the same mistakes with ball handling and turnovers. UT played hard, but not smart. UT didn't play hard or smart in the Ole Miss game.

Two players played hard. I have sympathy for them.

Two players played hard. I have sympathy for them.

I'd say McRae, Richardson, Yemi, Reese, Moore, Golden and McBee all played hard. McBee and Golden had their typical brain farts.

Hall rarely goes all out and Stokes was taken out of the game pretty much the entire time with foul trouble.

There's no sense in getting bent out of shape. This team isn't going to magically start shooting better overnight. They aren't going to have a true point guard to run the show either. The only correctable thing that needs to be fixed is Stokes' lack of force in the paint. Those are the three huge problems right now.

0 and 3 for the first time in 15 years!ouch!It just hurts to see football and basketball to be so bad!

There's no sense in getting bent out of shape. This team isn't going to magically start shooting better overnight. They aren't going to have a true point guard to run the show either. The only correctable thing that needs to be fixed is Stokes' lack of force in the paint. Those are the three huge problems right now.

Bingo. Fix stokes this year, bring in a PG for next year, and hopefully Hubbs improves your teams perimeter shooting.

Could it be possible Stokes is really a 3 star player in a 5 stars body? I haven't seen much from him in an entire year now that justifies him being a 5 star recruit other than his physical appearance. However, it's the old " looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" based on what. I have seen so far.

Bingo. Fix stokes this year, bring in a PG for next year, and hopefully Hubbs improves your teams perimeter shooting.
Stokes cannot be fixed this year without some other presence down low. The kid just is not ready to take double teams. He is not ready to be a leader of this team. Next year will be totally different. Wait and see!

Stokes cannot be fixed this year without some other presence down low. The kid just is not ready to take double teams. He is not ready to be a leader of this team. Next year will be totally different. Wait and see!

I agree, but there's things he can work on.

He posted Noel properly ONE time last night, it resulted in an easy layup. He needs to make those proper post ups an quick moves before the double can get there.

Also like to see him look for his 15 foot mid range game a bit more often.

Why has no one tried to teach Stokes how to shoot a hook shot? He is wide and not as tall as the guys guarding him. It would be a nice move for him.

As long as TG is our PG then you can expect alot of turnovers is key moments. The guy just simply cannot handle the ball when pressure is on him.

Yemi, McCrae, Richardson, and Moore all played their butts off. The problem is none of those is a pure ball handler and none of those is a low post threat. We are just not a good team this year plain and simple.

I am holding opinion until the season's end. But 3 years ago we were doing things like beating Kansas, were #1 in the country for a week, there was excitement about BB, some were saying we were now a BB school and we routinely went to the dance. Now we seem to be wallowing in mediocrity.

Maybe more time is needed to get our mojo back. I know we miss Maymon and don't have anyone talented enough to take care of the ball, but Stokes seems unmotivated and we lose games because we can't shoot free throws. Maybe we get better as Moore and Reese develop, but we will see.

Maybe next year!!!!!!

Could it be possible Stokes is really a 3 star player in a 5 stars body? I haven't seen much from him in an entire year now that justifies him being a 5 star recruit other than his physical appearance. However, it's the old " looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" based on what. I have seen so far.

Physically, he's talented enough to live up to his billing. He's being hurt by Tennessee's ability to hit outside shots. There's no point in selling out on jump shooters when they are horribly inefficient at shooting. It doesn't help matters that his guards are incapable and not ready to pass him the ball when he's working down low.

VN Store

Back