The Kentucky Postgame Report

Unforced turnovers and foul trouble kept us out of the game. I can't tell you how much I heard "same ole Tennessee" tonight.

Because we played respectably against a VASTLY superior opponent in arguably the toughest venue in the nation where our starting big man barely played 15 minutes due to foul trouble and his backup fouled out. I don't know how much more people could really expect.

Good report as usual ZJC.

We lost our heads at times and it was obvious we missed the extra body in the paint that Maymon provides when Yemi fouled out. Zero FTs for Tennessee 26 minutes in...smh. Armani Moore should have played more.

The Good...
-Jordan McRae is playing his best ball of his career. He is what we all hoped he'd become.
-Yemi does so many little things well. If the game ever fully comes around for him on both ends, he will be well worth his scholarship.
-Reese was solid again. He doesn't make plays very quickly yet, but as the game slows down for him, and his quickness and speed increase, he is going to earn his scholly too. Much more impressive than I thought he would be to this point.

The Bad...
-Jarnell can't play with these long lanky kids. He is just not athletic enough and looks every bit the four-year player. Good and bad for us.
-Trae, despite his better offensive statistics, was as careless as could be with the ball and looks to have reverted to junior high ball-handling skills.
-Richardson seemed to disappear for long stretches, but perhaps because of McRae taking a high number of shots. His two FTs at the end were really bad and cost us any shot at closing the gap. He busts his tail every trip down though, so all is forgiven.
-Kenny was good Kenny at times, and bad Kenny more often. Its to be expected.

UK is going to struggle against teams that match them body for body in the post. The next ahot Noel hits outside of 6" will be the first. Goodwin was held in check offensively and was frustrated by McRae defensively. Poythress looked average. Ironically, we had no answer to one of the least athletic players UK plays, Kyle Wiltjer.

The talent disparity between the two teams is huge. Yes, UK should have put this game away early. Ya'll been screaming that same stale excuse for 50 years. God bless the refs when you when, feck em when you lose.

If there was such a talent disparity, then you should be even more worried for Ky going forward. Ky got a ton of calls and the game was close the entire way. You can't look at that non biased and say Ky didn't get a lot of calls. Hell, it wasn't even close. I know they always get calls, but some were just laughable.

Reactions: 1 person
[QUOTE=zjcvols;8144514]

It's Kentucky at Rupp. You really thought UT was going to win?[/QUOTE]

No. But I thought they had a good shot to when:eek:lol:

Q or Edwards are gone, I'm guessing Q.

There's a reason the staff is out evaluating 2013 PGs, and it's not for their health.

I think they should keep Q and let Edwards go since he is a JR. Also, where is the big transfer from Pitt that played last season?

been saying we wouldn't do anything without a pg since Trae came on board and we are still without one. Without a pg in a game dominated by guard play. Not good. Not buying the shoulder excuse. His is mental and effort right now, and his legs look heavier than ever.

And CM is costing his team valuable calls and points by not working the refs. It's part of the game and it's another part where he is falling short, which includes several things, including a shoddy plan of rotation and playing time.
Happy for Jordy. He has proven me wrong.
Still don't want to see Hall play, and Yemi is better than Stokes.
Skylar is sucking too, but the blame being laid on him for this team's performance is being laid by folks who don't really know the game.

Reactions: 2 people
been saying we wouldn't do anything without a pg since Trae came on board and we are still without one. Without a pg in a game dominated by guard play. Not good. Not buying the shoulder excuse. His is mental and effort right now, and his legs look heavier than ever.

And CM is costing his team valuable calls and points by not working the refs. It's part of the game and it's another part where he is falling short, which includes several things, including a shoddy plan of rotation and playing time.
Happy for Jordy. He has proven me wrong.
Still don't want to see Hall play, and Yemi is better than Stokes.
Skylar is sucking too, but the blame being laid on him for this team's performance is being laid by folks who don't really know the game.

Agree on CCM with refs, my biggest complaint about him right now.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure why one would think we'll win at Ole Miss. They just whipped us at TBA and just beat Missouri at their place. That's definitely a probable L.

Hmmmm. Agree, but they are struggling to beat a horrendous Vandy team. Looks like they'll get the win at this point, but still.

Granted, it could be argued that Vandy is just that much better at home, no matter how bad they are.

Hmmmm. Agree, but they are struggling to beat a horrendous Vandy team. Looks like they'll get the win at this point, but still.

Granted, it could be argued that Vandy is just that much better at home, no matter how bad they are.

UT won't win at the Tad Pad. However, Ole Miss has looked horrible for most of the night. They're coming off a big win against Mizzou so it's probably no coincidence that they're having a letdown. Vandy's coming off a blowout to Ark and playing better. Still, I didn't see it being this close.

From a KY fan, I would trade Goodwin for McRae all day long. McRae has been ballin'.

I want to see TN do well but they are missing a 1 and 5 to be really good. Well, and tweak the offense. But KY has MAJOR issues as well.

Definitely a 1. As a 4, Maymon would help the 5 spot. Guard play is what runs college basketball, and we struggle.

VN Store

Back