The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00pm ET (1/15/13), ESPN

I would love to have Pearl back but not any more then I would want any other good coach. CCM is by all accounts a great guy but he is not an SEC level coach.
Hamilton made one decent hire in his whole time here.. Pearl.. Other than that Mike Hamilton was a epic disaster of a AD....

Met John Jenkins HS coach Saturday night in Bowling Green, told me that Pearl never recruited him. Jenkins grew up a UT fan he said and would've committed on the spot and the coach even called Pearl asking if an offer was ever coming. He was told Pearl was waiting to see what happened with Leslie McDonald and if they missed then Jenkins gets an offer, but Jenkins wasn't going to wait. Mind baffling situation.

If that's true, awful.

Met John Jenkins HS coach Saturday night in Bowling Green, told me that Pearl never recruited him. Jenkins grew up a UT fan he said and would've committed on the spot and the coach even called Pearl asking if an offer was ever coming. He was told Pearl was waiting to see what happened with Leslie McDonald and if they missed then Jenkins gets an offer, but Jenkins wasn't going to wait. Mind baffling situation.

John Jenkins never considered anyone but Vanderbilt. He committed to Vandy very early and immediately shut it down. He let everyone know he wasn't interested.

Doubt he has any reason to make it up. He also told me UK was on him hard but he wasn't gonna let one of his kids play for Billy Clyde.

Jenkins looks like the safer pick in hindsight seeing as how well McDonald's career has played out.

It seems like after Lofton he would have been all over Jenkins. That's exactly what UT was missing his last few years.

I would love to have Pearl back but not any more then I would want any other good coach. CCM is by all accounts a great guy but he is not an SEC level coach.

People asking to give Martin more time did not use Pearl as an excuse. After some bad games, people came on and asked to get Pearl back. Frankly it is not relevant to our current state. He left Martin a mediocre roster last year- no returning starters and no solid guards. Martin hasn't recruited PG real well but I am giving him a chance. Next year will be critical for him.

Can't refute it because I don't know. But I believe Jenkins committed to Vandy pretty early. Jenkins would have been a great player on a Pearl team, but I swear I remember at the time hearing that he was a Vandy lock no matter what.

They won at virtually the same rate.

I was there for almost every game.....our schedule was much weaker..."probably more talent on the court and never ever had the feeling we could seriously compete with the best of the best.

It's a waste of time. Pearl did some good things but this is borderline worship.[/QUOTE]

dumb statement

Why? I loved Bruce and did not want him fired. But our fan base HAS to move on. We can't compare. If we start comparing, we may never find a coach we are satisfied with. He took the school the furthest in the tourney so basically he could be considered a once in a lifetime hire. He F'ed it up. Move on.

VN Store

Back