Player Development

You're mind-numbingly repetitive and whiny is what I get out of it.

Any fan that contributes to our athletics dept. should be a little p.o'd at the product we have been putting on the court and field the last few years. If your happy, more power to you brother.

Watching the product we are putting on the court. What is the mystery behind Golden and Stokes. Both look as if they couldn't care less about playing for UT. If that's the case , maybe CCM should let them both ride the pine for the entire next game. Richardson bricking the 2 technical FT's was a joke. Do we even practice FT shooting? I've been watching UT BB for over 40 years and have obviously had to watch some sorry teams but this one has to be one of the worst I have seen. They remind me of Dooley's football teams the way the completely melt under pressure. Mentally soft to say the least. For an athletics program that has a $110 million budget, we are embarrassing!

We gave UK all they could handle at home. Even with several no calls. Noel lowered his shoulder and ran Yemi over and then dunked it...yeah ok. The refs made sure to get Stokes and Yemi out of the game.

Has trouble staying out of foul trouble, very lazy feet. If he'd play 30-35 minutes a night he'd put up good numbers, unfortunately he has too many 15-20 minute games that he never got into the flow.

Not very athletic and not explosive enough to be a big time player.

We gave UK all they could handle at home. Even with several no calls. Noel lowered his shoulder and ran Yemi over and then dunked it...yeah ok. The refs made sure to get Stokes and Yemi out of the game.

Worst KY team in several years. They will lose at home to FL and Mizzou and maybe one more team , besides A&M already.
Agree you have to beat the refs to win there, but this was a missed golden opportunity

Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of development in Jarnell? I don't completely buy into the whole stars rankings, but this kid clearly has the physical ability to dominate at his position. If anything he has digressed from last year and you cannot blame it all on Maymon being out. Thoughts?

It's not just Stokes. With the exception of McRae, every returning player has gotten worse under Martin. Especially Golden.

Unfortunately we're probably stuck with Martin for a little while. We need to rehire Pearl just as soon as his NCAA penalty is done.

Reactions: 1 person
Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of development in Jarnell? I don't completely buy into the whole stars rankings, but this kid clearly has the physical ability to dominate at his position. If anything he has digressed from last year and you cannot blame it all on Maymon being out. Thoughts?

I think it is the double & triple teams he gets with Maymon being out! No player in the county can handle that!!!!

It's not just Stokes. With the exception of McRae, every returning player has gotten worse under Martin. Especially Golden.

Unfortunately we're probably stuck with Martin for a little while. We need to rehire Pearl just as soon as his NCAA penalty is done.

Pearl is never coming back.

Not very athletic and not explosive enough to be a big time player.

Neither Blair of Sully were explosive or athletic either, there's other things you can do. He needs to add a face up 15 footer, he shoots it sometimes and it's decent, not sure why we don't see it more.

Neither Blair of Sully were explosive or athletic either, there's other things you can do. He needs to add a face up 15 footer, he shoots it sometimes and it's decent, not sure why we don't see it more.

He had that open shot and passed it up. Then he picked up a charge.

He just can't handle double teams.

Worst KY team in several years. They will lose at home to FL and Mizzou and maybe one more team , besides A&M already.
Agree you have to beat the refs to win there, but this was a missed golden opportunity

IMO he does not have a very good face up game and his moves on the block need a lot of work.

Kid just needs to grow into his feet and he'll be fine. Look out next year it will be totally different!! He's really still a freshman and has to work on elevation where he can dunk, that would help, but those feet just weigh him down!!!

Arguably, stokes' best game of his career was his first one. Last year.
Someone needs to answer as to why. I know if I'm recruiting against ut for a big man, I ask the kid and family to look at what has happened to stokes, who is one of the highest ranked players we have had.

Arguably, stokes' best game of his career was his first one. Last year.
Someone needs to answer as to why. I know if I'm recruiting against ut for a big man, I ask the kid and family to look at what has happened to stokes, who is one of the highest ranked players we have had.

Been my concern for awhile. Also doesn't help the least big in trying to recruit Memphis big guys like Leon Black and Skai both of who we're recruiting.

I've said awhile Maymon is the main reason, and it may be a part, but there's clearly more to it as well.

I hate to say it, but Stokes needs Maymon bad. Maymon would do the dirty work and draw double and feed Stokes for easy lay up. That happened once I think last night where Stokes drove in and feed to Kenny. We miss that something terrible!!! I'm sorry but Kenny Hall is a waste of SS. Hate it, but he really brings very little!!! Yemi is coming along nice, but him and Stokes have no krama going like Stokes and Maymon had. Think that's why Stokes looks kinda lost against other good bigs. As soon as we play someone he can match up with and he is better he looks great, other than that not so much!!! They will get there soon, I hope!!!

VN Store

Back