coRUPPt Arena strikes again

What the heck are you moaning about? Referees ALWAYS go to the monitor for suspected elbow contact above the shoulders as soon as there is a dead ball. That's exactly what they did and they made the correct flagrant 1 call. That foul gives two shots and possession. Those are the rules and they are enforced for everyone. Do you people just not watch college bball?

There's enough real stuff to complain about that you shouldn't discredit yourself by complaining about the refs doing their job exactly as they are supposed to on the elbow call. That's been a point of emphasis in bball for at least 2 years.

Exactly. I'm complaining about that "illegal screen" Yemi got called for. How Noel didn't get behind the line before inbounding, how Tennessee is getting all the ticky tack fouls called on them, and Kentucky can hang all over us.

What the heck are you moaning about? Referees ALWAYS go to the monitor for suspected elbow contact above the shoulders as soon as there is a dead ball. That's exactly what they did and they made the correct flagrant 1 call. That foul gives two shots and possession. Those are the rules and they are enforced for everyone. Do you people just not watch college bball?

There's enough real stuff to complain about that you shouldn't discredit yourself by complaining about the refs doing their job exactly as they are supposed to on the elbow call. That's been a point of emphasis in bball for at least 2 years.

that call was BULL SHI# :good!:

These refs are a joke. When is the SEC gonna wake up and hire some guys who know what they're doing that don't have their head up their butt

Okay, that call on Goodwin right there leads me to believe these refs are just stupid. Completely inconsistent with their calls. It's a shame these guys get paid.

These refs are a joke. When is the SEC gonna wake up and hire some guys who know what they're doing that don't have their head up their butt

These refs are doing exactly what Mike Slive wants them to do, which is help his little darling favorite programs. Ky gets calls in basketball for the same reason Bama and UF get the calls in football. The conference wants it that way.

These refs are doing exactly what Mike Slive wants them to do, which is help his little darling favorite programs. Ky gets calls in basketball for the same reason Bama and UF get the calls in football. The conference wants it that way.

So quit sucking at both sports and get your FB program back where it needs to be, then you can share in the glory.

I say this in seriousness, not trollery. It kinda is the way it is, blueblood programs get those calls.

Last edited:
Tennessee didn't shoot their first FT until 26+ minutes into the game.
I saw the first 3-second call and first lane violation called all season tonight. We are 15 games into the season.

It is unfair, but certainly not unexpected. CCM knew that coming in like we all did. Its frustrating, but you have to deal with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Free throw attempts at Rupp last 12 seasons. Refs didn't lose us the game. It's still frustrating though.

Year TN UK
2013: 17 31
2012: 7 27
2011: 16 18
2010: 23 19
2009: 24 17
2008: 21 28
2007: 10 13
2006: 17 15
2005: 4 19
2004: 22 26
2003: 12 29
2002: 11 27
Total 184 269

*Average of 7.1 more free throws by KY per game.

So quit sucking at both sports and get your FB program back where it needs to be, then you can share in the glory.

I say this in seriousness, not trollery. It kinda is the way it is, blueblood programs get those calls.

Sorry Hardwood, not gonna be much glory this year for Ky. That might be one of the worst Ky teams I've seen in some time. Better hope you don't join us in the NIT.

the rule is you can go back look at replay with a blow above the neck but the orignal call was a foul on ky.so after the foul shots how does ky get the ball?after treys layup with about 2 min left in half,the ky player had one foot over the line when he in bounded the ball.

The replay rule is correct, but I'm at the understanding that the foul had to have been called in the first place (like happened to UK at the end) and then its reviewed to verify/confirm. Don't see how Cal can ***** and say they threw an elbow and then they say "ok coach let me go see if I missed something". If a foul is called and in review its determined it was flagrant/intentional I have no issue, I have an issue when they replay a series and retroactively assign fouls that they missed!

Bottom line is..... we played like we usually do....undisciplined, lazy and cant make simple shots....call it what u want, truth hurts....

Free throw attempts at Rupp last 12 seasons. Refs didn't lose us the game. It's still frustrating though.

Year TN UK
2013: 17 31
2012: 7 27
2011: 16 18
2010: 23 19
2009: 24 17
2008: 21 28
2007: 10 13
2006: 17 15
2005: 4 19
2004: 22 26
2003: 12 29
2002: 11 27
Total 184 269

*Average of 7.1 more free throws by KY per game.

When a team is down they usually have to start fouling late in a game. That can be 4-8 free throws right there. Tempo is also a factor.

VN Store

Back