Dallas Thomas - first rounder?

goldvol

VolNation's Lesser Poobah
Last edited:
its peoples opinion someone got geno smith first qb

I'm convinced it was soley Todd Mchshay's uberdumbass that got Blaine Gabbert into the first round... He wasn't even close to first round talent, same story with Russell in Oakland...

As long as it's not as a tackle, I could see him going late first round.

i think, and have thought for some time, he projects as a guard - he certainly isnt the #1 guard on the board - unless you are the #1 guard on the board it is highly unlikely you will go in the 1st round - he will likely go 2-3

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to take any Mock Draft serious that has Geno Smith going number 1...totally agree with SCvol333 above.

It's not unreasonable that he will be 1st round. WRs are everywhere and QBs are mostly mediocre picks. The go-get-'em picks will mostly be linemen, backers, and DBs.

It's rare that I clink on a Bleacher Report story, and when I do I usually regret doing so.

This is one of those instances.

Reactions: 2 people
As long as it's not as a tackle, I could see him going late first round.

No way he is going in first round, Kiper and Mcshay makes a alot of money for some of these players, rember Kiper said Leaf would be a better QB than Peyton.

Unless the OG is a road grader don't expect him to go before round 3 or 4. Thomas played out of position for 3 years before Tiny could get out there. He was a mediocre OT and an excellent OG. That experience at OT will be useful to teams that want guys that can play more than one position.

For what a 1st round QB expects to get, I can't think of a QB I would draft this year. I think you would be better off trading to get a proven backup than drafting #1 and hoping he will start. Draft is deep with good WR. Thomas' strength is flexibility and experience both in years playing and learning new offensive schemes. He is a good solid player but maybe not exceptional. I would consider him a reach for the first round, but probably solid for late 2nd/early 3rd.

I see him as a 3rd-5th round selection. Maybe an outside shot in the lower end of the 2nd it he has a good pre-draft (Senior Bowl, Combine, interviews, etc).

He has knowledge and experience as a OT and OG so that will help him some because NFL teams like linemen that can play more than 1 position.

He's also proven he can learn more than 1 system and do well in them and that's a positive as well.

If the draft is short on good O Linemen then that could help him move up some and if a few teams have O linemen as a top priority for this years draft that could also help him some.

I hope he does well and represents Tennessee very well.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
He was a recruit under Fulmer to now Jones sending him off the NFL, Guy deserves hazard pay in addition to his contract.

He could be a first rounder...he has experience going against the best and the team did finish near the top in QB protection, and OL are a pretty valuable commodity in the NFL. I think its possible but second round for sure, any lower and he is a steal. If healthy, obviously.

VN Store

Back