Official Trip to Oregon for Duck Hunting Thread

The wife and I will be in attendance with close to 30 of our closest Vol friends in tow.

Oregon is beautiful on a side note. I lived just south of Eugene for work in my twenties. So much to see in that area, plus the beer is amazing.

Reactions: 1 person
We are pondering the thought of going.. leaning towards a big Yes..

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE .. :rock:

My wife and I had planned to go when we found out Tenn would be playing out there. Talked about making it a week trip and take in some of the stuff to do, but now by the time the game comes around we will have another baby that will be two months old and I am not taking a baby that is two months old to a football game.

Wanna go halvsies on a sitter?

Yep, Im heading out West for the big game! Probably start off in Portland..party it up there for a night then head to Eugene for rest of the weekend..cant wait!

Also going down to Gainesville the following weekend. Wow, I must be a sucker for punishment eh? lol

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

I will be there. We already have our tee times at Bandon Dunes a few days before the game. Best golf resort in the world.

Fired up!

I can't make it, but Oregon is some of the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen. I highly recommend going if you can make it.

I haven't missed a UT game on the west coast since the early 80s but I think it may be hard to get tkts to this one since Oregon has such a tiny stadium...

I plan on being there. Was fortunate enough to live out there for a while and my wife is from there. The nice thing about Oregon fans is they're constantly showing you how many national titles they've won.

Reactions: 1 person
When this game was first announced years ago, I thought there was no way I was going to miss attending it. As the game gets closer though, I am just thinking there isn't any possible way for me to justify spending, at the bare minimum, $1000 to go watch a game that in all likelehood UT could lose by 50. There's not a lot of redeeming "vacation" value to Oregon in terms of places I would actually want to go aside from the game itself, and I already spend a lot of money going to all the games here in Knoxville. Barring a nice chunk of unexpected income in the next 9 months, I'll probably just sit this one out.

Exactly where I'm at.

We are going my uncle has lived in Eugene for forty years. Look forward to taking him to the game.

The wife and I have hotel reservations. Of course it is only a few hour drive from Seattle so it's a can't miss opportunity for us. And we aren't buying in to the 'automatic loss' idea. I can see the offensive line manning up and us having a good day on the ground and eating some clock. Some good old SEC football sort of stuff. Vols dominate the time of possession and keep it close deep into the 4th quarter at which point all the bad luck of the last number of years begins to even out.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......

VN Store

Back