UNLV's Proposed New Stadium

I'm not a regular anymore, but it weems like Vegas Pricing for Meals & Rooms & Shows has gone up instead of down.

I could be wrong, but I don't anticipate them selling tickets at bargain prices.

Being a local I get to see plenty of shows for free but if someone comes out here wanting to see Celine, Tim McGraw/Faith Hill or any other big name headliner you better be prepared for a $300-$500 night out. Heck even Donny and Marie Osmond at The Flamingo goes for over $125 a ticket. Chris Angel and all of the Circus shows will cost you at least $100+ per ticket.

Vegas is not cheap, I spend most of my time in downtown Vegas. Saw plenty of free concerts this summer. Skid Row, Warrant, Dee Snider, Brett Michaels..I grew up in the 80's so I loved all of these bands. Hit Freemont St if you're in Vegas, drinks are cheap and the people watching is priceless.

They should move the Jaguars or another unsuccessful NFL franchise in there. Then offer deals on trips to Vegas with ticket purchases. That would truly be America's team.

You probably think we blackout every game down here in Jax.
Actually, ticket sales were up all season, despite the 2-14 record. I can't remember the last blackout. Very loyal fans down here for the product we've been getting.

Again though, it seems like the stadium's equally (or even more) about serving the city of Las Vegas as a major events venue than it is just "a stadium for UNLV to play football in."

There are pretty few 60 thousand plus ticket concerts though. So that is even a bigger waste. I'm sure Vegas has plenty of 20,000 seat venues that would be the right size for just about any concerts.

They should move the Jaguars or another unsuccessful NFL franchise in there. Then offer deals on trips to Vegas with ticket purchases. That would truly be America's team.
The myth that Jacksonville doesn't support the Jaguars is just that: a myth. We completely sucked this past year but still averaged about 65k in attendance.

There are pretty few 60 thousand plus ticket concerts though. So that is even a bigger waste. I'm sure Vegas has plenty of 20,000 seat venues that would be the right size for just about any concerts.

Concerts are probably only a small factor in the plans. I think stuff like boxing and MMA could prove to be huge draws in a building like that in Vegas.

Concerts are probably only a small factor in the plans. I think stuff like boxing and MMA could prove to be huge draws in a building like that in Vegas.

They also want to try to host an NFL game (or two) eventually, it almost sounds like.

And some sports expos, fairs, and even an awards show...apparently

...think if they get this thing off the city might also eventually try to make a pass at the PAC-12 as a championship game site? (not that a group of major universities would be likely to take them up on it)

VN Store

Back