Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of Corn, Landry, and Thompson who makes us the better team?

I haven't seen Thompson this year. Watched last years film and I saw him more of a 2 than a 1, so that scares me. He's a 6'3" guard, not super quick, so I worry can HE stay infront of quick guards.

I know elder could, so I think elder defensively would be better, but Thompson may be better offensively. Either would be a welcomed addition and an improvement over our current backup PG position.

Ideally you convince both to come in.

Yea I think we are done in the post, unless some highly rated post just falls in our lap that we can't pass up.

Right now the staffs attention appears to have turned to PG, and understandably so. The 2 names that seem to be popping up most are Cornelius Elder and Darius Thompson. Both are PGs from Tennessee, and both are borderline top 150 players. Both guys have some very good offers and would both be great addition to this team.

Elder is a bit of an interesting scenario because he would likely also play football (good FB prospect). So, he would actually use a FB scholarship and not a basketball scholarship so really an ideal scenario for this staff. They then could still go out and pursue Thompson, or if they wanted to save the scholarship could do that.

i live like 20 minutes away from Ensowrth and his cousins said that Corn's top three are UNC, tOSU, and UCLA. with UCLA being the slight leader because they are both on board to letting him play football and basketball. tOSU and UNC are both trying to work it out so he can play basketball too. All three of those teams recruted him for football and basketball is an add on. I know that Corn is a UNC basketball fan because i saw him with a UNC snapback and hoodie on at a Siegel game. I also think that he would fit perfect in Butch Jones's offense.

And talking about Darius, he is kinda a half step behind when he comes to defense, but that is from not wanting to play defense in middle school. when applied and pushed he is an acceptional defender, but his main threat is offense. I think that he will be able to handle the rock and be a PG in college.

i live like 20 minutes away from Ensowrth and his cousins said that Corn's top three are UNC, tOSU, and UCLA. with UCLA being the slight leader because they are both on board to letting him play football and basketball. tOSU and UNC are both trying to work it out so he can play basketball too. All three of those teams recruted him for football and basketball is an add on. I know that Corn is a UNC basketball fan because i saw him with a UNC snapback and hoodie on at a Siegel game. I also think that he would fit perfect in Butch Jones's offense.

And talking about Darius, he is kinda a half step behind when he comes to defense, but that is from not wanting to play defense in middle school. when applied and pushed he is an acceptional defender, but his main threat is offense. I think that he will be able to handle the rock and be a PG in college.

Yea I've heard elder is gonna depend on who let's him play basketball, because supposedly that's actually what he really wants to do.

If OSU let him do both I heard he's headed there, but as of now they haven't promised him that. If Tennessee comes in strong and promises him both sports I think they could pull him, but that's just my vibe.

Yea I've heard elder is gonna depend on who let's him play basketball, because supposedly that's actually what he really wants to do.

If OSU let him do both I heard he's headed there, but as of now they haven't promised him that. If Tennessee comes in strong and promises him both sports I think they could pull him, but that's just my vibe.
what if we offer a straight up b-ball scholly?

“@WillGunter247: Hearing rumblings that Vanderbilt is very close to closing the deal w/2013 SG Darius Thompson (Blackman HS/TN)”

BTO. I posted a video of Cornelius Elder in the recruiting forum. In the video his bball coach said he wants to play D-1 basketball. Has TN looked at him any? He looks like a real PG to me.

BTO. I posted a video of Cornelius Elder in the recruiting forum. In the video his bball coach said he wants to play D-1 basketball. Has TN looked at him any? He looks like a real PG to me.

Read back a few pages, he's been a hot topic recently. UT has been evaluating him, but no bball offer yet. They probably won't offer though because he'll play both sports so he'd use a FB scholarship. It may be some sort of promise he wants that he'll get his fair chance to play bball, idk.

Read back a few pages, he's been a hot topic recently. UT has been evaluating him, but no bball offer yet. They probably won't offer though because he'll play both sports so he'd use a FB scholarship. It may be some sort of promise he wants that he'll get his fair chance to play bball, idk.

Gotcha. I knew about the whole fball and bball situation but in the video it sounded like he solely wanted to play bball. :hi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back