Severe Weather Thread

Ice storm warning for the Memphis area..

Ice + Memphis drivers = disaster

Preach it brother. I thought it was supposed to clear out today but guess I was wrong. Coming home from class yesterday was terrible with people not knowing how to drive. My old man works for TDOT and said he passed all kinds of wrecks yesterday.

Preach it brother. I thought it was supposed to clear out today but guess I was wrong. Coming home from class yesterday was terrible with people not knowing how to drive. My old man works for TDOT and said he passed all kinds of wrecks yesterday.

Yeah man if your dad works for TDOT then he seen some crap yesterday. I have a buddy that works downtown and it took him 2 1/2 hours just to get from downtown to West Memphis....Crazy!

It's coming in on us in western arkansas now. You guys will get it tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
We are in a tornado watch at this time expecting 3+ inches of rain.

You guys take care

It looks like its going to be a long night in the Memphis metro area. The sun has been out all afternoon and that was the only uncertain ingredient for tonight's outbreak. The atmosphere will be more unstable. It will not surprise me if a PDS tornado watch is issued. Stay safe guys.

Count,

Where you at? Do we need to batten down the hatches?

Yes

The tornado threat should diminish as the storms move east.

Squall line with high winds and hail

Storms will be moving in excess of 60 mph

Straight line wind damage will be widespread

An EF-2 tornado struck Mt. Juliet about 4 a.m. It did moderate damage including flipping a parked tractor trailer onto its side. The driver was asleep but uninjured.

Another tornado on I-24 in Cheatham County picked up a tractor trailer. The driver said he could see asphalt by looking straight out his windshield. I don't know of any more from the middle TN area.

Last edited:
So it's going to probably snow overnight here in Middle TN, and tomorrow a year ago was the day we were supposed to get major tornadoes all day. I believe the TorCon was about 8/9 in the midstate area.

Its coming

Be ready beginning Wednesday Afternoon for East Arkansas, Missouri Boothill. Wednesday night into early Thursday morning for West Tn. Thursday morning into afternoon for middle Tn. Thursday eving and night for East Tn

High Winds, Large Hail, Isolated Tornadoes. Worst will be in Central Mississippi, Central Alabama

Its coming

Be ready beginning Wednesday Afternoon for East Arkansas, Missouri Boothill. Wednesday night into early Thursday morning for West Tn. Thursday morning into afternoon for middle Tn. Thursday eving and night for East Tn

High Winds, Large Hail, Isolated Tornadoes. Worst will be in Central Mississippi, Central Alabama

Count,

I'll be traveling for work from Greenwood, MS to Memphis Wednesday afternoon. Should I cancel this trip due to weather?

Its coming

Hmmm must be a fast mover then. They are calling for it here early Wednesday morning with moderate risk of tornadoes. I'm in west central arkansas on Oklahoma border

VN Store

Back