Severe Weather Thread

I've lived in this area for a long time. My favorite severe weather moments are when they put a tracker on the cell moving forward and the list of places they rattle off I've never heard of.

There could be a significant outbreak of Tornadoes in central and south Mississippi and Alabama on Christmas Day.

For you guys and gals living from Jackson Miss to Birmingham Alabama and parts south should prepare now. The storm prediction center should release more info, but a strong low pressure will develop in Texas and build rapidly. By Christmas Day, enough unstable moisture, combined with wind sheer and lowering jet will result in rapid development of supercells. These cells will have the potential to drop dangerous tornadoes

Into West Tn and Arkansas, expect to see rain change to snow on Christmas Day. Snow amounts are hard to predict, since I'm not a winter weather guru, but some early models show up to 12 inches in isolated locations where heavy snow bands will develop and move slowly east/northeast

Be safe guys

Last edited:
There could be a significant outbreak of Tornadoes in central and south Mississippi and Alabama on Christmas Day.

For you guys and gals living from Jackson Miss to Birmingham Alabama and parts south should prepare now. The storm prediction center should release more info, but a strong low pressure will develop in Texas and build rapidly. By Christmas Day, enough unstable moisture, combined with wind sheer and lowering jet will result in rapid development of supercells. These cells will have the potential to drop dangerous tornadoes

Into West Tn and Arkansas, expect to see rain change to snow on Christmas Day. Snow amounts are hard to predict, since I'm not a winter weather guru, but some early models show up to 12 inches in isolated locations where heavy snow bands will develop and move slowly east/northeast

Be safe guys

Wow.... wth? We go from tornadoes to snow...Thanks for the heads up man.

Be safe guys
It never snows heavy in Memphis but since I'm driving the fire truck that day we will get a foot of snow..

It never snows heavy in Memphis but since I'm driving the fire truck that day we will get a foot of snow..

Always works that way

Heavy snow will depend on how fast the cold air moves in

Memphis maybe will get upwards of 5 inches

Heaviest snow will be Northeast Arky, Boot heal of Missouri, and Northwest Tn

People in East Tn should be aware of this storm. You guys will be on the warm side of the low

In West Tn, we have blizzard warnings, you guys will see Tornadic supercells starting tomorrow

Same goes for parts of north Georgia, NW South Carolina, West NC, south Virginia

Well, its an awesome, but very destructive sight. In 2003, we had 7 fatalities from an F4 that stayed on the ground for 20 miles, before it lifted off the ground just east of town.

In 1999, we had dual tornadoes strike the mid and south parts of town at the same time.

In 2008, it struck the north part of town, nearly destroying Union University

This is the one that hit Union
YouTube - Tornado in Jackson
In 1974 a tornado wipe the small town where i lived and killed 1., every time it thunders i get the shakes, not trying to be funny scared to death of them.

All I can contribute to this thread is that the pacific coast of Japan has been getting hammered by snow. Tokyo saw its highest snow totals in I think 12 years the past few days.

Meanwhile, Nagasaki has nothing but wind.

VN Store

Back