I Would Applaud Bama's Win...

Bama outrebounded Missouri, with the player playing who is now injured (he got hurt against Bama). Releford is scoring primarily on layups even though he's the shortest guy on the court.

Cooper is in the low 20 percent shooting three's since starting fast in early December. Randolph hit a couple against UT and missed several wide open chances. I don't know why anyone ever thought Lacey was good. He was hurt last year, but he hasn't ever shown much in my opinion.

Bama cannot shoot. Granted they aren't defending as well as they have the last couple of years and certainly not like they did in December against some decent competition. Bama will not make the dance. If they do, somehow someway, they are out in the first round... AGAIN.
Releford is mainly a slasher/finisher, but he's improved his shooting greatly this season. He's shooting 40.8%. Lacey's a good shooter. He's shown that this season (41.8%). Randolph has an ugly shot but gets it in at a high percentage (38.5%) and is nearly automatic from mid-range. He's just not very aggressive.

Alabama has some guys who can shoot. That doesn't mean that they're going to make the dance, though. They've been a poor rebounding team over the course of the season. One anomaly against Missouri doesn't change that. They also have no one who can score down low. Jacobs is their only big who even presents a threat, and he's a terrible rebounder and defender. That's why they're not very good this season... It has nothing to do with their guard play. Their backcourt is very good.

But yeah, it'd take a miracle run for 'Bama to get a bid.

VN Store

Back