We will land a top 15 class..good bet or bad bet?

I think we get North but probably not any of the other big targets, so I probably wouldn't have made the bet.

Where is the momentum to say that we will have a good class? We were ranked higher with our fired coach that we are now. Just not sure that Butch has recruiting figured out this year. Hopefully, he can build some momentum next year.

Reactions: 2 people
Not impossible but I do not have enough confidence to make a bet line that either way. Too many unknowns.

Got a pretty decent shot I would think. Considering how far a team can move in Rivals rankings with just one pickup.

Thanks for all the feedback lol I wanted to go top 20, but he knew better and would never do it. I knew a top 10 finish was out of the question.

People, there is more to Detroit than Crime, Hardcore Pawn, Eminem, Kid Rock and 8 Mile!! I hate that show because it refects so negatively on Michiganders. I am from the northern suburbs..about 30 minutes from downtown D. Look, I know its a ****hole. Thats what happens when you have Kwame "Doo Doo Brown" Kilpatrick and a corrupt administration running it!! Its a shame. Our downtown has so much potential. Im not going to lie, it has been hard times in this city. But, its my city, and Im proud to be from here. The other half of my family is from Knoxville, hence the UT ties. I have the best of both worlds.

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Reactions: 1 person
You're going to be paying unless we land Lawson, Green, & North. I don't see that happening - I'm calling 18th this year and w/ all the in state talent in '14, we finish 8th next year.

Where is the momentum to say that we will have a good class? We were ranked higher with our fired coach that we are now. Just not sure that Butch has recruiting figured out this year. Hopefully, he can build some momentum next year.

I feel like you may be correct ultimately in that this class may not be highly ranked, but saying that Butch doesn't have recruiting figured out is a stretch if not blindly ignoring evidence to the contrary.

How many big name recruits have we gained interest from since Butch was hired that wouldn't even piss our direction while the previous staff was here?

Lawson has legitimate interest now, rather than the dismissive qualities he displayed for the previous staff.
Skai Moore will likely visit.
Grace visited, and we are in his top group.
Gibson has us in his top three.
Von Bell will visit (and it took some work to repair that relationship, I can almost guarantee after Dooley isolated him)
Bellamy will visit.
Morris visited.

Not to mention we've poached recruits from two teams now, and it's likely not over with Ford having a good visit.

I think Butch is doing a hell of a job, and we may still strike out on our top guys. Let's face it, it's not easy to recruit to a 5-7 program, after three losing seasons and a former head coach who isolated and pissed off high school coaches and players all over the southeast.

And before someone says it, yes I know we got a commitment from a 2* TE...

Rant over.

Not impossible but I do not have enough confidence to make a bet line that either way. Too many unknowns.

This.

If we do really well on NSD, then I don't even think top 10 is impossible. We're still in on a lot of highly-rated kids, so our ranking could move a lot.

Unfortunately, we have ground to make up with almost all of them.

Its possible but a LOT of big time recruits that we are in on would have to commit. Derek Green, Von Bell, Carl Lawson, etc. I think we'll end up top 20 but not top 15.

I am from the northern suburbs..about 30 minutes from downtown D.

Mind if I ask where? My wife grew up in Livonia and moved south when she turned 18. Smart lady. Her parents now live in Saginaw, so I've spent many vacations up there.

For Tennesseans looking on, Livonia is basically to Detroit what Brentwood is to Nashville - big money there, not that my wife's family had it.

AV

VN Store

Back