Q. Watson

I see what you're saying. Still disagree. He doesn't NEED to get thick. My post directly above the one you quoted was probably the better argument. Because yeah, Sproles and MJD are a little different.

But Holliday, Demps, and McCluster are all outweighed (or of equal weight) by Q. They aren't thick. They are pure speed and quickness, and they're all making a pretty good living in the NFL. And all were highly successful in the SEC.

Because he is so fast, I was all for giving him a scholly and a chance. But he is nowhere near as shifty as McCluster or Holliday. So of that group, he is most like Demps...but slower. Maybe we could use a little of that?

Bottom line, I thought he was a huge reach coming out of high school because at that tim, he appeared to be about 5'8" and 165 pounds. I will do a little research to see what they listed him at this season.

Ok, they got him listed as 5'9" and 175 pounds. We are not going to beat bama with a 175 pound tailback. Demps was bigger and faster and had very limited success against the better teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok, they got him listed as 5'9" and 175 pounds. We are not going to beat bama with a 175 pound tailback. Demps was bigger and faster and had very limited success against the better teams.

Interesting point. After researching I see that you are right. Demps had a limited role in their more important games. You have to go all the way back to his sophomore year to find a good game against a good team. Seems like the league figured him out after 2 years.

I'll agree. Q is most like Demps of that group. But we aren't beating Bama anyway; I'll take a guy who helps us beat the Missouris, Kentuckys, and Vanderbilts of the world. Q would never have been the main guy anyway (Lane and Neal, of course); more of a change of pace guy, but I think he could be good in that role.

Seems like it happens more here than at most schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Hill Man
If true, this would make 4 players from the 2012 class.

We're only half way through their freshmen year.

Originally Posted by Volprof
5, if you count Bourque.

At this rate we'll have a class of 10 or 11 left by the time they are juniors - like the Kiffen class.

This is why we are continually playing catch up with the rest of the league. This is why Vandy beat us this year - their roster is full of veteran 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players, while we had so little depth in our upper classes this year.

And know you fools know why we didnt want to see Derek Dooley go. Coaching changes causes kids to leave. They were not recruited by these coaches why stay? But nooooooooooo Dooley was a fool!!!! Just read the comment from some vols fans. We are our worst enemies!!!

And know you fools know why we didnt want to see Derek Dooley go. Coaching changes causes kids to leave. They were not recruited by these coaches why stay? But nooooooooooo Dooley was a fool!!!! Just read the comment from some vols fans. We are our worst enemies!!!

Not a single one of the players that have been confirmed gone from the team would have been here had Dooley stayed. Bonner (suspended by Dooley), Borque (lasted 2 days) and Phillips (quit practicing mid season) were gone before Dooley was. Sentimore would have went pro either way and nothing is confirmed on Watson. Even if I give you Watson he was a marginal recruit that no other SEC team wanted, he probably realizes he isn't going to see much playing time here. The attrition is directly attributed to Dooley's lazy recruiting and taking players with issues and not due to him getting fired.

Last edited:

is-this-real-life1.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

The fools are the ones who wanted Dooley to stay.

kenny-powers-dance.gif

Interesting point. After researching I see that you are right. Demps had a limited role in their more important games. You have to go all the way back to his sophomore year to find a good game against a good team. Seems like the league figured him out after 2 years.

I'll agree. Q is most like Demps of that group. But we aren't beating Bama anyway; I'll take a guy who helps us beat the Missouris, Kentuckys, and Vanderbilts of the world. Q would never have been the main guy anyway (Lane and Neal, of course); more of a change of pace guy, but I think he could be good in that role.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. He could have a part as a role player.

We got Tom Smith who I was hoping would be our short and thick running back. But I'm afraid he is odd man out. I like Alden Hill from Ohio as a power back.

He's a great athlete. Who knows what he could become with a couple of seasons under his belt. hope he comes back. Dooley used to have that "don't let the door hit ya on the way out" policy. I never liked that. I hope jones makes an effort to get him up back up here.

Janzen says hi.

Stick it in your berghole. D.Dooley is a good man. Wasn't cut out to be our coach but do you really want to go there?

Never said a thing about his manhood but only a fool wants a coach with 3 losing seasons in a row to stay.

Who you calling fool?...FOOL
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't know what the situation is with this young man, but I hope everything is OK. I would really like to see him back in orange next year, but even if he isn't I appreciate his year on the Hill and wish him the best.

Florida listed Demps as 5'7" 175 lbs. He carried about 100 times a year for 4 years at Florida, and averaged from 5.8 to 7.8 yards per carry every year. He is currently listed on Injured Reserve with the N.E. Patriots , and they show him as 5'7" 175 lbs.

What's the minimum time required on The Hill to still be eligible to use the VFL slogan? Some of these guys leave after such a brief stay and are still considered VFL by our fanbase on here and on good ol' Twitter. Makes no sense to me but then again I am a very simple man.

i hate seeing this young man leave the team...who ever gets him,will be getting a good player.

this guy was fast and he ran hard when he got a chance to play.if he puts about 20 pound of muscle and keeps his speed.he will be giving somebody's defense he!!.

good luck Q.

I was looking forward to seeing him next year in the new offense, but most would say "vaya con Dooley." I hope that he lands on his feet, and takes off running wherever he chooses.

VN Store

Back