We will land a top 15 class..good bet or bad bet?

UTVolWarrior98

One of my many friends who loves to hate UT (got lots of them here in Detroit bc Im obnoxious fan) was talking ch it last night saying Butch Jones cant recruit for crap and that recruits dont even know his name and that TN stinks and is irrelevant, blah blah, etc...

I told him we were ranked in mid 40's a few weeks ago and now sit around #27-28 on Rivals. I told him I believe Jones will pull in a top 15 class when its all said and done on NSD. He says no way lol I tried to warn him of the high-caliber recruits looking at us.

He said lets go..$100 right now UT wont land in top 15. I said you're on punk. I truly believe we will do it! Do you guys think I made a good bet? Stupid bet?

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Reactions: 4 people
Oh yeah...the final verdict is per Rivals ONLY. I knew better than to go with Scout or ESPN..

I hope you win your bet, but my guess is you donated $100. In future years, our coaches will recruit very well, but I really think the last regime left CBJ and the guys in a huge recruiting hole.

Reactions: 3 people
We moved to 24 today I think thats where we will end up at 15, coin flip on bet we could go a spot or to either way, like your guts anyway.

haha..thanks guys! Hell, I brought this hater to his first UT game in 2009 when we clownstomped JawJaw 45-19! The nerve lol

Gotta get positive players with talent and then u Gotta coach em up. We have been loose on both the last 4 years. We don't have a Saban like coach but we do have facilities and we do have some heritage and fan base to build with. We need to stop the bleeding so we can heal. Then build

To be fair...we were at 25 when Dools got shot out of the cannon...we dropped to 45...and then bUTch has us inching up....if this past weekend and the next big one gets some quality...who knows but I'm fine with whatever ranking....I'm just tired of being out coached every year...take care if that Coach Jones!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 7 people
Gotta get positive players with talent and then u Gotta coach em up. We have been loose on both the last 4 years. We don't have a Saban like coach but we do have facilities and we do have some heritage and fan base to build with. We need to stop the bleeding so we can heal. Then build

Butch sealed that wound we he was hired

Reactions: 1 person
I hope you win.....but if you don`t..... before you pay up, take the 100 dollar bill and wipe your butt with it. :birgits_giggle:

Reactions: 8 people
I would rather have the 30th rated class and they get coached into champions than have a ton of 4 stars waist away into nothing like the last 5 years

Ehhh...I wouldn't have made that bet, but I like your confidence...especially up in big 10 country

One of my many friends who loves to hate UT (got lots of them here in Detroit bc Im obnoxious fan) was talking ch it last night saying Butch Jones cant recruit for crap and that recruits dont even know his name and that TN stinks and is irrelevant, blah blah, etc...

I told him we were ranked in mid 40's a few weeks ago and now sit around #27-28 on Rivals. I told him I believe Jones will pull in a top 15 class when its all said and done on NSD. He says no way lol I tried to warn him of the high-caliber recruits looking at us.

He said lets go..$100 right now UT wont land in top 15. I said you're on punk. I truly believe we will do it! Do you guys think I made a good bet? Stupid bet?

iffy bet bro when we just took a 2 star TE. hope you win.

No wonder Detroit is such an economic hell hole.

I would say you will win this one by a hair. Think it will take a 5 star and 2 4 stars to do it, but I like our chances of that. Without a 5, I think it will take 4 4 stars to get to top 13-15. Think positive!!

I hope for your sake warrior that everyone in Detroit is not like the a##wipes on Hardcore Pawn, cause if you lose and don't have the money you will have to take a computer, a flat screen tv and a diamond ring over there to come up with 100 bucks. I hope u win but realistically I doubt it.

Last edited:

probably a bad bet, but I hope you win

VN Store

Back