The Alabama Postgame Report

It's a paradox. There shouldn't be an excuse this year. Making the tourney shouldn't be that hard.

If he doesn't make it next year, there'll be another excuse. And I understand, this team is not very good. I'd feel better with some sign of improvement the next 16 games. Stokes riding the pine in some sort of dog house is no good.

What? I think you're the only one that thinks it will play out that way. If we continue to be mediocre this year, and completely fall on our asses next year, he'll be gone.

If it's something you heard from your Memphis sites, no.

I saw the blow up at the assistant during the second half of the Xavier game,

but yes. In the interest of full disclosure it came from Easterwood.

I hadn't really given it a second thought until Stokes sat the last minutes on Saturday.

It's a paradox. There shouldn't be an excuse this year. Making the tourney shouldn't be that hard.

If he doesn't make it next year, there'll be another excuse. And I understand, this team is not very good. I'd feel better with some sign of improvement the next 16 games. Stokes riding the pine in some sort of dog house is no good.

We obviously disagree about the importance of Maymon being out, so this is likely a futile effort. I think with him, we are at worst, 12-2, ranked, and likely on our way to the dance. That would all make this a moot point.

I agree there seems to be some level of discontent in the Stokes-Martin relationship that needs ironing out.

As to whether there will be an excuse next year, if everything goes according to plan, there should be no reason for excuses. However, there is a certain faction of fans that will find one, legitimate or otherwise. All things being equal, right now, they have all the makings of a team built to succeed; a senior PG (even if he isn't a PG by trade, he's played it for three years now), a senior SG, a junior SF, a junior PF, and a senior C/PF. They are adding in a freshman SG/SF who can allegedly contribute immediately in addition to our bevy of role players. That adds up to an ideal mix of talent, experience, and senior leadership. I'd feel better about advancing if our coach had some experience in the tourney already, but he likely won't, barring a miracle run to finish this season.

What? I think you're the only one that thinks it will play out that way. If we continue to be mediocre this year, and completely fall on our asses next year, he'll be gone.

Exactly. Everyone is pointing to next year if he doesn't make the NCAA"s then most people think he should be gone. Of course, UT IE thinks he should've been gone after the 14th game of his first season.

And if making the NCAA's is so easy, then why is UNC and Ky struggling with a roster full of Mickey D All-Americans? Some of the things you say are so hilarious it's incomprehensible.

I saw the blow up at the assistant during the second half of the Xavier game,

but yes. In the interest of full disclosure it came from Easterwood.

I hadn't really given it a second thought until Stokes sat the last minutes on Saturday.

Blowup on the sideline? I missed this, and have seen no media reports of this?

Blowup on the sideline? I missed this, and have seen no media reports of this?

It wasn't like anything that would be reported. Assistant getting onto Stokes when he came out of the game, Stokes jawed back. Seemed like an isolated incident.

And I'm merely asking, not implying anything. It sounds like there are no such reports of Stokes' problems on the UT side.

It wasn't like anything that would be reported. Assistant getting onto Stokes when he came out of the game, Stokes jawed back. Seemed like an isolated incident.

And I'm merely asking, not implying anything. It sounds like there are no such reports of Stokes' problems on the UT side.

We've got reporters just looking for a story like that, surprised it hasn't surfaced.

Hyams would love to break that.

Stokes sucked it up!

If we can get Golden, Stokes, and McRae all contributing at the same time, we are a good team.

VN Store

Back