The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Game Thread, 1:00pm ET, ESPN2

IMO CCM is in over his head. Has anyone besides me noticed that after a time out, Tennessee is abysmal?

Sure. And I'm begining to think cuonzo is just a hard headed controller. That style works better at lower levels of coaching where discipline wins games. He fails to adjust anything in his style. The proverbial round peg in the square hole. He doesn't approach any game to exploit an opponent (like Grant just did to him with the trapping press, and numerous coaches keep the zone in their pockets waiting for that critical moment to throw us into a frantic panic).

It's pretty clear he's in over his head when he continues to blame the players for missing shots as the reason we lost a game.

Sure. And I'm begining to think cuonzo is just a hard headed controller. That style works better at lower levels of coaching where discipline wins games. He fails to adjust anything in his style. The proverbial round peg in the square hole. He doesn't approach any game to exploit an opponent (like Grant just did to him with the trapping press, and numerous coaches keep the zone in their pockets waiting for that critical moment to throw us into a frantic panic).

It's pretty clear he's in over his head when he continues to blame the players for missing shots as the reason we lost a game.

Couldn't agree more.

This has to stop. I'm neither pro- nor anti-Cuanzo right now, but you CANNOT throw your players under the bus! You just don't do that! Period! How many good/great coaches, at ANY level of ANY sport, do that? Very few, if any.

He attributed this loss to TOs and taking care of the ball.

He attributed this loss to TOs and taking care of the ball.

It's still the player's fault though. Rather than say he needs to have the guys better prepared for facing a zone trap press, he blames the players for turning it over three possessions in a row.

and cuonzo is right, the turnovers doomed him. Grant had to be laughing pretty hard inside in that frantic stretch of the game.

It's still the player's fault though. Rather than say he needs to have the guys better prepared for facing a zone trap press, he blames the players for turning it over three possessions in a row.

and cuonzo is right, the turnovers doomed him. Grant had to be laughing pretty hard inside in that frantic stretch of the game.
I do give the loss to Martin, but because he kept Golden on the bench so long.
The 10 TOs between Josh and Jordy are what lost the game.
I do agree about not being properly prepared to face various circumstances.
I doubt seriously if they know how to properly attack the zone even now.
It ain't poppin 3 pt bricks.

VN Store

Back