I Would Applaud Bama's Win...

cherokeechief

I would be rubbing it in everyone's face that Bama beat UT in yet another sport, but let's face it: both of these teams suck.

Why is it that SEC schools don't generally recruit or manage to sign players who can actually shoot a basketball? Then, these same schools don't do well in the tourney.

Bama rarely has anyone on the roster who can shoot. They have athletes galore, but no basketball players.

At any rate, UT will probably get payback at home on the 26th. I can't imagine either team will be playing after they bow out of the SEC Tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
You are right. Both teams sucked Saturday, I thought Bama sucked more just because I'm a Tennessee fan but since it was played in T-town then that was the difference. Yep, the 26th should be different. Thanks for stopping by, cya

Good shooters are becoming extremely rare now. In the NBA and in College. The mid range jumper is almost none excistant. I would give my left nut to have Lofton back again.

We are pretty bad at this point, the coaching seems a little goofy, leave Stokes on the bench for the last 5 minutes, that seems like no way to win a game, also throwing Golden under the bus is no way to make the team play harder, just bad decisions by Coach Conzo

Good shooters are becoming extremely rare now. In the NBA and in College. The mid range jumper is almost none excistant. I would give my left nut to have Lofton back again.

I'm hoping that was no pun intended, since he almost did... :ermm:

I would be rubbing it in everyone's face that Bama beat UT in yet another sport, but let's face it: both of these teams suck.

Why is it that SEC schools don't generally recruit or manage to sign players who can actually shoot a basketball? Then, these same schools don't do well in the tourney.

Bama rarely has anyone on the roster who can shoot. They have athletes galore, but no basketball players.

At any rate, UT will probably get payback at home on the 26th. I can't imagine either team will be playing after they bow out of the SEC Tourney.

Mosey on over to UK's recruiting page on rivals or espn.

Vegas had Bama as a four point favorite. So it is not like it's a huge upset or anything. We just aint all that and a bag of chips.

In actuality a 12-6 record in conference and a 20-10 record overall, with a chance at the tourney is still very possible if not plausible. This is not necessarily saying that Tennessee is good but a look at how pathetic the SEC is. There are 2 teams that are good in Mizzou and Florida, 2 teams that are above average in Ole Miss and Kentucky. And 2 teams that are average in Tennessee and Alabama. The other 8 teams are pretty awful.

In actuality a 12-6 record in conference and a 20-10 record overall, with a chance at the tourney is still very possible if not plausible. This is not necessarily saying that Tennessee is good but a look at how pathetic the SEC is. There are 2 teams that are good in Mizzou and Florida, 2 teams that are above average in Ole Miss and Kentucky. And 2 teams that are average in Tennessee and Alabama. The other 8 teams are pretty awful.

I think it is too, if Golden can snap out of it. I'm starting to think 11-7/10-8 is more realistic though. 19-11 and 18-12 won't be enough to make it in unless we make a nice run in the SEC tourney.

maybe I am mistaken, but didn't Ole Miss take care of Mizzou this weekend?

Alabama isn't good, but it's not for the reason you posted... They have plenty of guys who can shoot (Releford, Lacey, Cooper, Randolph, Steele) but no guys who can rebound and defend or score in the post.

A&M would beat our brakes off.

maybe I am mistaken, but didn't Ole Miss take care of Mizzou this weekend?

Ole Miss soundly beat Mizzou this weekend, but Mizzou was without their leading scorer who is out with a knee. Ole Miss is better than average though. They're one of the top 3 teams in the SEC right now.

Alabama isn't good, but it's not for the reason you posted... They have plenty of guys who can shoot (Releford, Lacey, Cooper, Randolph, Steele) but no guys who can rebound and defend or score in the post.

Bama outrebounded Missouri, with the player playing who is now injured (he got hurt against Bama). Releford is scoring primarily on layups even though he's the shortest guy on the court.

Cooper is in the low 20 percent shooting three's since starting fast in early December. Randolph hit a couple against UT and missed several wide open chances. I don't know why anyone ever thought Lacey was good. He was hurt last year, but he hasn't ever shown much in my opinion.

Bama cannot shoot. Granted they aren't defending as well as they have the last couple of years and certainly not like they did in December against some decent competition. Bama will not make the dance. If they do, somehow someway, they are out in the first round... AGAIN.

Ole Miss soundly beat Mizzou this weekend, but Mizzou was without their leading scorer who is out with a knee. Ole Miss is better than average though. They're one of the top 3 teams in the SEC right now.

Our with a knee...hmmm sounds like us.

Bama outrebounded Missouri, with the player playing who is now injured (he got hurt against Bama). Releford is scoring primarily on layups even though he's the shortest guy on the court.

Cooper is in the low 20 percent shooting three's since starting fast in early December. Randolph hit a couple against UT and missed several wide open chances. I don't know why anyone ever thought Lacey was good. He was hurt last year, but he hasn't ever shown much in my opinion.

Bama cannot shoot. Granted they aren't defending as well as they have the last couple of years and certainly not like they did in December against some decent competition. Bama will not make the dance. If they do, somehow someway, they are out in the first round... AGAIN.

Bama shot 42.6% from the field and 42.9% from 3 which isn't great, but not bad. However, they get a lot of their points off one-on-one plays because their guards were much better than ours. They had 10 steals. That's inexcusable.

Bama isn't making the dance unless they go on a miracle run or win the SEC tourney. Kind of like UT.

VN Store

Back