Basketball no longer Transcends football.

I do like both head coaches we have right now. I never liked the Dooley hire. I don't think either program will be down for long. Better days ahead for the big orange.

Reactions: 1 person
It transcended football in that the basketball team was better than the football team. But fans never cared more about basketball, if that's what you mean.

I think in some ways it did. Im a kid who grew up in K town when BP was doin his thang, infact the very reason I love basketball more than football is due 2 the fact that football season was a disappointment and Basketball was exceeding expectations. Don't get me wrong I love UT football but I live for UT basketball and basketball in general due to our basketball program the last 10 years

It would take about 50 years straight of UT basketball winning, meaning Final Fours and national titles, combined with 50 years of bad football for basketball to ever "transcend" football at UT, if not longer. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it would take a lot more than 6 years of good basketball and mediocre football.

And there's no reason UT can't be good at both and have great support for both, but UT's still a football school and it's not even close.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, idk if i'll get crap for this or not. But you guys need to pay attention to our softball program right now. They're the only athletic right now that has a chance to win a national championship anytime soon. I know it's softball, but I'm a huge fan of the softball team and they're very fun to watch. They have a good opportunity to win it all this year.

VN Store

Back