Free Throws Lift #9 UT To OT Win At UF

VN News

Tennessee scored the final five points in overtime to capture a 78-75 win at the O'Connell Center on Sunday afternoon.

More...

Could have been more points for our Lady Vols if they get those "easy shots" to fall. If that happens, they win big with no problem from the unranked Gators. TN Lady Vols owns them in this league. :loco:

Last edited:
THis game was too close for comfort! I watched the 2nd half and OT. Lady Vols should have won this game in regulation! The Lady Gators aren't that good and the Lady Vols have a long way to go yet. They may have beaten Rutgers and South Carolina and UGA easy. Can they beat the Lady Wildcats and other SEC teams and maybe even win the SEC this year? Possibly? If they make the "sweet 16" or "Elite 8" this year, I'll be happy. Any further and they'll have put it together. Stanford, Notre Dame, UConn are the teams to beat!

Stanford, Notre Dame, UConn are the teams to beat!

Actually, Baylor will win it all again. Lady Vols are a year or two away. But they have improved greatly as the season has progressed. I expect that to continue.

Lady Vols will be back on top next year, most of this team coming back plus the number one recruit coming in. The party's over for Baylor after this year with Griner leaving.

Reactions: 1 person
THis game was too close for comfort! I watched the 2nd half and OT. Lady Vols should have won this game in regulation! The Lady Gators aren't that good and the Lady Vols have a long way to go yet. They may have beaten Rutgers and South Carolina and UGA easy. Can they beat the Lady Wildcats and other SEC teams and maybe even win the SEC this year? Possibly? If they make the "sweet 16" or "Elite 8" this year, I'll be happy. Any further and they'll have put it together. Stanford, Notre Dame, UConn are the teams to beat!

The Lady Gators are actually a darn good team. They nearly beat Kentucky a few weeks ago. I'm surprised they aren't ranked.

Could have been more points for our Lady Vols if they get those "easy shots" to fall. If that happens, they win big with no problem from the unranked Gators. TN Lady Vols owns them in this league. :loco:

In the past 8 minuets of the game, including overtime, the LVs missed at least 7 lay ups. Fortunately, UF did just about as badly. More disturbing was our defense gave up so many uncontested shots inside the foul line and not being very aggressive on rebounding. I think they grew up a little today because they were able to come back and they hit free throws well in overtime.

I just watched the replay on ESPN3. Was it just me or did Bonds carry the ball about 40 times?

Every time she had the ball she was putting her hand under the ball or carrying it on a stutter step.

Definitely gives a player a distinct advantage to handle the ball like that. Surely someone on the bench could see that.

I just watched the replay on ESPN3. Was it just me or did Bonds carry the ball about 40 times?

Every time she had the ball she was putting her hand under the ball or carrying it on a stutter step.

Definitely gives a player a distinct advantage to handle the ball like that. Surely someone on the bench could see that.

I could not tell because the stream I had to watch the game was of poor quality. I would imagine that the refs would have caught it if she was doing so.

You are correct. I commented on it several times. The ball can't hang in the air as long as it did when she was dribbling. Years ago, Saudia Roundtree of Georgia did it a lot and was rarely called.

Theyre still very young and are geared for next yr with the #1 and #8 overall players in the country will be here on top of last year #5 overall player Basharaa Graves. Oh and are you just not counting the Texas, GT, Miami, and UNC wins?

VN Store

Back