2014 Knoxville Area Star???

We need a ball handler. I don't care if he's a 1 or 2 star. Get a ball handler to help Golden out. Right now, we have no one.

Landry can get the ball up the court without turnovers. But he isn't going to score you more than a couple points a game. But with Stokes, Maymon, McRae, Richardson, Golden, an Hubbs on the team, you really don't need a pg that can score.

Landry can get the ball up the court without turnovers. But he isn't going to score you more than a couple points a game. But with Stokes, Maymon, McRae, Richardson, Golden, an Hubbs on the team, you really don't need a pg that can score.

He could help the team out next year but what is his worth beyond that when a lot of players leave? Are we giving a scholly to a guy that is really just a role player and then expecting him to have a bigger role and he's not going to be able to handle it? If that's the case, then year four will be a struggle.

He could help the team out next year but what is his worth beyond that when a lot of players leave? Are we giving a scholly to a guy that is really just a role player and then expecting him to have a bigger role and he's not going to be able to handle it? If that's the case, then year four will be a struggle.
He could start by his sophomore year, if he needed to. If we don't get an elite pg in 2014 class. He starts for the best HS team in the nation, so I think he can handle it. He doesn't turn the ball over and passes well, I don't understand why everyone thinks he is so awful?

He could start by his sophomore year, if he needed to. If we don't get an elite pg in 2014 class. He starts for the best HS team in the nation, so I think he can handle it. He doesn't turn the ball over and passes well, I don't understand why everyone thinks he is so awful?

He doesn't shoot anything well......people are going to sag way off him.....I can't believe there weren't better options out there.

You honestly shouldn't stress yourself looking that far ahead.

You're assuming Hubbs is one and done and stokes goes pro? Not accounting for attrition, and aren't taking into account 2014 class.

Reactions: 1 person
You honestly shouldn't stress yourself looking that far ahead.

You're assuming Hubbs is one and done and stokes goes pro? Not accounting for attrition, and aren't taking into account 2014 class.

I'm not stressing. I'm looking towards the future. I hope Martin is too. Have you seen how bad Vandy is after all their starters left last season?

He has no ranking on Rivals....

That doesn't mean he's a 0 star.

When guys move schools like he did as a sophomore a lot of times they don't get evaluated, especially if he didn't play big AAU ball.

He should have an evaluation and rating by summer time.

I'm not stressing. I'm looking towards the future. I hope Martin is too. Have you seen how bad Vandy is after all their starters left last season?

I did this is another thread, wish I could find it so i didn't have to do this again, but here goes...you're talking about 2 years from now, and the way you're talking I assume you're meaning Hubbs and stokes are gone. So, that means Tennessee likely had a hell of a year and we got 2 guys drafted into the NBA

We will lose:

Maymon
Golden
McRae
Hubbs
Stokes
Edwards

Still on roster:

Sr-Richardson
So-Landry
Jr-Moore
Jr(rs)-Q
Jr-Reese
So-Davis
Sr-Yemi

That means the 2014 class would likely have atleast 5 players in it. A realistic class could be Lyle, Looney, Turmam, Cofer. Those are all top 150 guys, and guys who would be impact players. Lyle and Looney are likely starters from day one, both top 20 prospects. You have to remember, this is likely coming off a great run the previous year, and we can sell immediate playing time...2 things recruits want. I'd expect the staff to also add 1 or 2 JUCO guys at some point in there, and there's also a chance theyre still adding to this 2013 class.

But going off the guys I named on roster and in the 2014 class:

Lyle/Landry
Richardson/Moore
Looney/ Reese
Davis/ Cofer
Yemi/Turman

That's a pretty talented team, and has a mix of upperclassmen and youngsters.

I did this is another thread, wish I could find it so i didn't have to do this again, but here goes...you're talking about 2 years from now, and the way you're talking I assume you're meaning Hubbs and stokes are gone. So, that means Tennessee likely had a hell of a year and we got 2 guys drafted into the NBA

We will lose:

Maymon
Golden
McRae
Hubbs
Stokes
Edwards

Still on roster:

Sr-Richardson
So-Landry
Jr-Moore
Jr(rs)-Q
Jr-Reese
So-Davis
Sr-Yemi

That means the 2014 class would likely have atleast 5 players in it. A realistic class could be Lyle, Looney, Turmam, Cofer. Those are all top 150 guys, and guys who would be impact players. Lyle and Looney are likely starters from day one, both top 20 prospects. You have to remember, this is likely coming off a great run the previous year, and we can sell immediate playing time...2 things recruits want. I'd expect the staff to also add 1 or 2 JUCO guys at some point in there, and there's also a chance theyre still adding to this 2013 class.

Lyle/Landry
Richardson/Moore
Looney/ Reese
Davis/ Cofer
Yemi/Turman

Just saw this. Thanks.

I'm hoping Stokes stays all 4 years (and there's no reason he won't unless he wants to get to Europe) and Hubbs isn't a one and done. I hope is as good as he sounds, but I hope we can at least keep him 2 years. Having talent like that is fine, but I'd rather have a Chris Lofton type all 4 years instead of a Tobias Harris for 1 year.

Speaking of Knoxville talent, were we ever in on Jalen Steele? He's having a pretty good year for Miss St and played just down the road at Knox Fulton.

Just saw this. Thanks.

I'm hoping Stokes stays all 4 years (and there's no reason he won't unless he wants to get to Europe) and Hubbs isn't a one and done. I hope is as good as he sounds, but I hope we can at least keep him 2 years. Having talent like that is fine, but I'd rather have a Chris Lofton type all 4 years instead of a Tobias Harris for 1 year.

See that's my guess as well, that stokes will be 4 years and Hubbs atleast 2. So if that were the case...

We will lose:

Maymon
Golden
McRae
Edwards

Still on roster:
Sr-Stokes
So- Hubbs
Sr-Richardson
So-Landry
Jr-Moore
Jr(rs)-Q
Jr-Reese
So-Davis
Sr-Yemi

So say you bring in those same 4: Lyle, Looney, Cofer and Turman.

So 2014-2015 rotation...

PG: Lyle/Landry
SG: Hubbs/Moore
SF: Richardson
PF: Looney/Cofer/Cofer/Davis
C: Stokes/Yemi

That's a pretty talented and deep team, and that's not counting Tennessee adding someone to this 2013 class which is looking likely.

Speaking of Knoxville talent, were we ever in on Jalen Steele? He's having a pretty good year for Miss St and played just down the road at Knox Fulton.

I don't remember the exacts, but iirc pearl didn't want to offer him I believe.

If I'm wrong someone please correct, we sure could use him right now.

We will lose:

Maymon
Golden
McRae
Hubbs
Stokes
Edwards

Still on roster:

Sr-Richardson
So-Landry
Jr-Moore
Jr(rs)-Q
Jr-Reese
So-Davis
Sr-Yemi

Lyle/Landry
Richardson/Moore
Looney/ Reese
Davis/ Cofer
Yemi/Turman

Not to start a debate or de rail the thread, but if Jordy keeps playing the way he is, he will get drafted at some point I believe.

Not to start a debate or de rail the thread, but if Jordy keeps playing the way he is, he will get drafted at some point I believe.

I've been saying the same and receiving criticism. However, I think it'd be next year, after his senior year he'd get drafted, not this year.

I'll be super happy to see a Hubbs, Lyle, Looney, Stokes and Yemi line up. That's 4 5* in one line up. But we will just have to see how it all pans out later on.

I'll be super happy to see a Hubbs, Lyle, Looney, Stokes and Yemi line up. That's 4 5* in one line up. But we will just have to see how it all pans out later on.

Exactly, we don't even know what next years roster will look like, never mind 2 years from now.

VN Store

Back