Newcomer taking Landry's minutes

Lol absolutely.

Honestly though, say he continues it and finishes the season averaging 20 minute and 7 points a game...what's your feeling on him?

Lol absolutely.

Honestly though, say he continues it and finishes the season averaging 20 minute and 7 points a game...what's your feeling on him?

Right now the biggest advantage about Reese is he can be on the floor and not take minutes from McRae or Richardson. McBee's horrendous play to this point is compounded by the fact that for him to be on the floor, 1 of UT's 2 biggest contributors so far this season have to be on the bench. Shooting 25% from 3 is bad enough, but doing that while McRae sits on the bench watching should be a crime. With Reese at least it's Hall that is sitting on the bench.

Right now the biggest advantage about Reese is he can be on the floor and not take minutes from McRae or Richardson. McBee's horrendous play to this point is compounded by the fact that for him to be on the floor, 1 of UT's 2 biggest contributors so far this season have to be on the bench. Shooting 25% from 3 is bad enough, but doing that while McRae sits on the bench watching should be a crime. With Reese at least it's Hall that is sitting on the bench.

Exactly sir.

Many thought (including me) Reese was gonna be a waste of a scholarship, and now many are excite to see him and think he is showing promise.

I'll give him his chance before running him off. With that said I would like to add another PG.

After the Alabama game which revealed the need for a good ball handler to get the ball up the floor and move it thru traffic, I'm not worried about his shooting.
If he can handle the ball without turning it over he'll help this team.

Lol absolutely.

Stats say he's very active out there. Ass/To is 3.

2012-2013 Stats Thru 3 Games
Category * 30 Stats
Pts 9.34
3Pts 5.90
Ft-Pts 0.98
Assists 1.48
TOs 0.49
ORbds 0.49
DRbds 2.95
Blocks 0.49
Steals 1.48

His rebounding will get better.

After the Alabama game which revealed the need for a good ball handler to get the ball up the floor and move it thru traffic, I'm not worried about his shooting.
If he can handle the ball without turning it over he'll help this team.

That what I've been saying the past 2 months. He may not be a star, but if he can play defense in the quick guards, and bring the ball up the floor quickly without turning it over, he's worth the scholarship.

Vanderbilt had offered and Alabama was close to, those teams typically have good guard play, so maybe their evals were good.

Last edited:
I'm glad he's getting points, but I'm still not overly impressed. I will say that he 100% has proven me wrong about his effectiveness this year, especially coming off the injury. He seems like a smart player, which is something we need on this team.

Not overly impressed? Were you expecting MJ?

It's looking like he's gonna be a 20 minute 7-8ppg this year. Who predicted/expected that before the season began?

Not overly impressed? Were you expecting MJ?

It's looking like he's gonna be a 20 minute 7-8ppg this year. Who predicted/expected that before the season began?

Yeah. I thought he'd play but Yemi type minutes.
Anxious to see if he can bother Poythress Tuesday.

He's a very smart player. I can see why CCM picked him up.

It's weird, and many won't agree but...

Seems like Cuonzo likes the high IQ effort players: Reese, yemi, Moore...but he's stuck with some talented dumba$$es in golden and hall who just don't play smart. What those 2 gain in talent they lose in basketball IQ, where it's the complete opposite with the other 2.

This team is in desperate need of a solid PG, right now golden is killing them, and I've been his biggest supporter.

22 minutes 9 points

Who'd have thunk it, guy is as consistent as it gets.

I have to admit I was impressed by Reese stepping up and knocking down that 3 in a tight situation in the second half at Rupp. There are a lot of older guys who wouldn't have the guts to take, much less make, that shot.

I have to admit I was impressed by Reese stepping up and knocking down that 3 in a tight situation in the second half at Rupp. There are a lot of older guys who wouldn't have the guts to take, much less make, that shot.

He's not gun shy, but hell that's a good thing with this team. Many players seem to be lacking confidence, but not this guy, I love it.

He may help ease the issues some people have with CCMs recruiting. Yemi showed again last night that he's a very good post defender, and I stick to my thought that his senior year he'll be a double double guy.

If Reese ends this year averaging 9-10ppg some people might not be as concerned about his evaluations and recruiting.

He's not gun shy, but hell that's a good thing with this team. Many players seem to be lacking confidence, but not this guy, I love it.

He may help ease the issues some people have with CCMs recruiting. Yemi showed again last night that he's a very good post defender, and I stick to my thought that his senior year he'll be a double double guy.

If Reese ends this year averaging 9-10ppg some people might not be as concerned about his evaluations and recruiting.

It's not just his offense but his defense that impresses me. Dude had a sweet block last night then ran the floor and scored at the other end. You can't teach that type of heart.

It's not just his offense but his defense that impresses me. Dude had a sweet block last night then ran the floor and scored at the other end. You can't teach that type of heart.

He also got tossed around a good bit last night. He's performing very well, but don't expect him to start going 35 mpg.

VN Store

Back