DOOLEY is on ESPN right now!!!!

Not really, that train has left the station. Of course, that could be said of the "other tread" as well. There probably should be a thread of 12,000 or so entries on the shortcomings of MH though. He is definitely guilty of "AD Malpractice."

You are probably right, but I have run out of ways of saying Fulmer should be here. Dooley is a new subject.

Dooley came into a difficult situation and was not qualified for the job- we all agree with that. We also agree that he did the best he knew how and left the program a little better than he found it. I don't think bashing him is good- I wish him well.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley came into a difficult situation and was not qualified for the job- we all agree with that. We also agree that he did the best he knew how and left the program a little better than he found it. I don't think bashing him is good- I wish him well.

I think people, myself including myself, don't feel bad making jokes because the guy was such a world class douche.

C'mon, Dooley doesn't know as much football as anyone on VN...well not as much football as most on VN...well not as much as a few on VN...well I guess he knows more football than ..well everyone on VN...

He definitely wasn't qualified for the job and his intent was success, but whether he did the best he could and whether he left the program a little better or not remains
to be seen. In fact, it might not even be measurable. But, Dooley probably learned quite a bit about being on a much, much bigger stage and what that entails.

He recruited well enough to have some players declare early for the draft. Didn't he recruit the offensive line that everyone raves about? Didn't he recruit 3 receivers that are declaring early for the draft? Didn't he convince Sentimore to come to U.T.? Didn't he recruit Maggitt and Johnson? Randolph? Coleman? Didn't Dooley recruit Nathan Peterman , who half of Vol Nation thinks is the second coming of Christ? Of course I think Worley will be the man, but didn't Dooley recruit him too? He was Gatorade Player of the Year after all.

These guys do need better coaching, but I think that Dooley has recruited some talent. You will see that Marlin Lane will flourish next year. No, he's not Eddie Lacy, but he has some moves, and will do well with the right scheme. Worley will do well in the short passing game if he is the man.

Plus, there are a lot of young , mostly unproven guys that Dooley recruited, who are waiting in the wings. Meredith, Dallas, Downs, Pig Howard , Q Watson, O'Brien, Kerbyson, Bynum, Crowder....I am sure that I have missed several. Give it time. You will see this team do well in a couple of years.

I am not saying he didn't land a player here and there. Overall he was terrible. Check out his ranking vs other SEC teams. He is/was not good.

I am not saying he didn't land a player here and there. Overall he was terrible. Check out his ranking vs other SEC teams. He is/was not good.
I answered a post in which somebody said that Dooley sucked at coaching and recruiting. His recruiting was not horrible. I don't know the guy, and he may have brought most of it on himself, but good grief, look at what happened to him.

His first season he had a very young inexperienced roster, which was not his fault. His second season started great with a 20 point victory over a very good Cincy team, and then lost his star receiver and then his star QB. This was after losing his best 2 defensive players before the season started. He had insufficient depth to recover from this.

Then in his 3rd season, he had to replace almost every coach that he started with, and he again lost maybe the best receiver before the season started. He lost his starting Safety early in the season. I think that the best way that I can describe Dooley's time here was that he brought a knife to a gunfight, and he lost.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not trying to be negative but...is ksu this desperate? Id hate for their first coach ever to be a bust

I think it being their first coach and the funds being what they are they would need someone with a 5-7 record. lol. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

I answered a post in which somebody said that Dooley sucked at coaching and recruiting. His recruiting was not horrible. I don't know the guy, and he may have brought most of it on himself, but good grief, look at what happened to him.

His first season he had a very young inexperienced roster, which was not his fault. His second season started great with a 20 point victory over a very good Cincy team, and then lost his star receiver and then his star QB. This was after losing his best 2 defensive players before the season started. He had insufficient depth to recover from this.

Then in his 3rd season, he had to replace almost every coach that he started with, and he again lost maybe the best receiver before the season started. He lost his starting Safety early in the season. I think that the best way that I can describe Dooley's time here was that he brought a knife to a gunfight, and he lost.

Agree 100%

He's the locker room shower expert. Dagnabbit boys you put the soap on the wash cloth first to prevent staph infection! He couldn't prevent "staff" infection though *sunseri*

He recruited well enough to have some players declare early for the draft. Didn't he recruit the offensive line that everyone raves about? Didn't he recruit 3 receivers that are declaring early for the draft? Didn't he convince Sentimore to come to U.T.? Didn't he recruit Maggitt and Johnson? Randolph? Coleman? Didn't Dooley recruit Nathan Peterman , who half of Vol Nation thinks is the second coming of Christ? Of course I think Worley will be the man, but didn't Dooley recruit him too? He was Gatorade Player of the Year after all.

These guys do need better coaching, but I think that Dooley has recruited some talent. You will see that Marlin Lane will flourish next year. No, he's not Eddie Lacy, but he has some moves, and will do well with the right scheme. Worley will do well in the short passing game if he is the man.

Plus, there are a lot of young , mostly unproven guys that Dooley recruited, who are waiting in the wings. Meredith, Dallas, Downs, Pig Howard , Q Watson, O'Brien, Kerbyson, Bynum, Crowder....I am sure that I have missed several. Give it time. You will see this team do well in a couple of years.

Dooley deserves no thanks. Those receivers (except Patterson) were Kiffin gets as well as AJ. Screw Kiffin too.

and Dooley should move on and not except the 5 million in buyout money

Ridiculous.

Dooley is made for TV. He's entertaining and decently knowledgeable to discuss college football, especially the SEC. I always like a coaches perspective as an analyst.

VN Store

Back