Manning's Playoff Teams

There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways he never does in the regular season. I hate it for him. He works so hard, but consistently comes up short in those big moments.

I really thought he had another shot at a Superbowl with this team. But the Broncos secondary looked like they were using Sunseri's scheme and that last INT was just a really bad decision.

Do y'all think Peyton will get another ring before he comes home to coach UT (j/k)?

He won't get another ring. As for coaching, I can't see him doing that. Not sure he has the patience.

This one should fall on John Fox for playing so conservative down the stretch in the 4th quarter. You have freaking Peyton Manning at the helm and you decide to put your defense back on the field rather than let Peyton do what he's paid to do? Wow.

This is a really good point. Fox basically said let the defense finish this. Well, I guess they did sort of.

Reactions: 1 person
@Espngreeny: RT “@ESPNStatsInfo: Peyton Manning lost his 1st start of a postseason for 8th time. No other QB in Super Bowl Era has more than 4x.”

The Broncos' D just going completely idiotic and Peyton's refusal to throw and awkward body language plus refusal to give an interview after the game is why I'm thinking this game was "influenced"

Coincidence? I think not. What if like ancient alien theorists believe......

@Espngreeny: RT “@ESPNStatsInfo: Peyton Manning lost his 1st start of a postseason for 8th time. No other QB in Super Bowl Era has more than 4x.”

Rahim Moore had more to do with that then Peyton did. The game was over if he makes a routine play.

And here's why some VolNation people don't understand the massive love and bandwagoning for him. He's a great talent, but sucks when it matters. The only reason he won a Super Bowl was because of Rex Grossman.

He won't win another ring and he sure as hell won't coach. That would be so stupid. He would have to be a GA somewhere for a few years then go coordinate at a small school. Doubt he will spend 4-5 years coaching small time until he can come to UT. But who knows. I've seen crazy on all sorts of levels

Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed he never comes to coach here.

Maybe because he is the greatest ambassador that UT football has ever had. Do you have any idea how many great players came here to play either directly or indirectly because of Peyton Manning? What's harder to explain is a Vol fan that doesn't have a special place in their heart for Peyton Manning.

ps. really sick of this overused "bandwagoning" cliche

Last edited:
Maybe because he is the greatest ambassador that UT football has ever had. Do you have any idea how many great players came here to play either directly or indirectly because of Peyton Manning? What's harder to explain is a Vol fan that doesn't have a special place in their heart for Peyton Manning.

Peyton was a stat lovers dream.

Well than you're saying he committed NCAA infractions to get people here? Outside of his four years here, him "getting people" to play at UT is shady. Also, people are bandwagoning. Denver's fan base doubled overnight after all these diehard colts fans emptied out.

Also, as a human, I have an opinion. My opinion is that PM gets way too much love and hype. Proof is that I point out he sucks in crunch time. He was in college and has always been in the pros. I don't have to love and gaga over PM. That's not a term and agreement for being a Vol fan. I respect Reggie over Peyton all day and Reggie is my favorite all time Vol. I don't understand the hype for Peyton. He sucked in games that mattered at UT and does in the Pros. But yet he is the best ever.....

Last edited:

it's something like the 4th time his team has been one and done with a 13-3 or better record and a 1st round bye.

and holliday would have had more to do with the win than peyton.

That's debatable but it's a fair conclusion. The point is there is no way a safety should ever give up a play like that especially when the offense has to have a touchdown. The game at that point should have been over.

What, are you going to resort to telling people to "stfu" again? These crazy fans being objective.

Bronco's defense is much better than anything that Manning had with the Colts, on paper. In a playoff game, you count on 1) the defense, and 2) QB manages the game. Broncos failed at both aspects at the most critical times.

In my opinion, Manning played well enough to win the game, even though this standard is awfully low for Manning, but he still put the team at the position to win. The defense, on the other hand, failed miserably. Not just Tony Carter, but the entire defense. The most touted pass rush was non-existent tonight, and the secondary (all of them: Baily, Moore, Carter...) was exposed. The failure on the defense is deadly.

Absolutely correct. Ultimately, you simply do not surrender 70-yd. touchdown passes with 31 seconds left in regulation play. You just don't let anybody get deep enough to do that. If there is ever a time to throw up an umbrella prevent defense, that is the occasion.

Well than you're saying he committed NCAA infractions to get people here? Outside of his four years here, him "getting people" to play at UT is shady. Also, people are bandwagoning. Denver's fan base doubled overnight after all these diehard colts fans emptied out.

Peyton committed NCAA infractions and I said that? Great players want to play with great players. Great players came when Peyton was here and more great players came to play with those great players that remained after Peyton moved on. There is no such thing as a bandwagon fan it's just an overused cliche. Fans are fans some last longer then others and some fans come and go.

What, are you going to resort to telling people to "stfu" again? These crazy fans being objective.

STFU was just for you and I apologize. I just didn't like you calling people out for doing the same thing you were doing.

[/B]

Peyton committed NCAA infractions and I said that? Great players want to play with great players. Great players came when Peyton was here and more great players came to play with those great players that remained after Peyton moved on. There is no such thing as a bandwagon fan it's just an overused cliche. Fans are fans some last longer then others and some fans come and go.

I didn't say you did say that. Just said you indirectly implied it. Fans that come and go are band wagon fans. Unless you have oilers/texans situation. Quit being butt hurt because I have a difference of opinions. Because like yourself, I can have one too

Also, as a human, I have an opinion. My opinion is that PM gets way too much love and hype. Proof is that I point out he sucks in crunch time. He was in college and has always been in the pros. I don't have to love and gaga over PM. That's not a term and agreement for being a Vol fan. I respect Reggie over Peyton all day and Reggie is my favorite all time Vol. I don't understand the hype for Peyton. He sucked in games that mattered at UT and does in the Pros. But yet he is the best ever.....

To bad Clint Stoerner didn't play for Florida I guess. Peyton helped UT football have the best overall 3 years in the schools history. What a loser

I'm sorry NO one here watched the game.
Manning will get all the bad press around an interception all the while Tony Carter gets beat ALL nite including the tying touchdown that lead to the overtime.
Tony couldn't defend my Grandma!! Riduculous.....

I agree with the pathetic defense. Peyton definitely didn't bring his A game and deserves some credit for this bomb they dropped today. The play calling was ..... I don't know what to call it. Did I see a guy in a pair of orange slacks on the sidelines ???? OMG DOOOOOOOOLEY was there !
And the secondary couldnt cover my granny either !!!:mf_surrender:

I didn't say you did say that. Just said you indirectly implied it. Fans that come and go are band wagon fans. Unless you have oilers/texans situation. Quit being butt hurt because I have a difference of opinions. Because like yourself, I can have one too

I respect you having an opinion but I don't respect you making up things that I never said or implied. You're reading and comprehension skills seem to be a bit challenged.

I respect you having an opinion but I don't respect you making up things that I never said or implied. You're reading and comprehension skills seem to be a bit challenged.

That is pretty poignant. I wouldn't throw stones.

That is pretty poignant. I wouldn't throw stones.

Please tell me what I have said that isn't true?

Well actually never mind. I don't see a T anywhere on your favorite teams and really couldn't care less what you have to say.

Last edited:
Well actually 1995-97 UT won 33 games and had 3 straight top ten finishes including one #2 finish.

Tyler Bray on the other hand was indeed a stat lovers dream.

If you're going to throw the #2 finish in 1995 out there, don't ever make fun of Alabama and their 222,000 national titles.

That was the year one poll ranked UT ahead of UF even though they beat UT 62-37. The other poll had UF #2 and UT #3.

VN Store

Back