Manning's Playoff Teams

CA_Vol

There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways he never does in the regular season. I hate it for him. He works so hard, but consistently comes up short in those big moments.

I really thought he had another shot at a Superbowl with this team. But the Broncos secondary looked like they were using Sunseri's scheme and that last INT was just a really bad decision.

Do y'all think Peyton will get another ring before he comes home to coach UT (j/k)?

They lost the game on the last two plays of regulation. Wasting the clock and giving up the long pass was totally sinful. They had the game won and gave it away and then made no effort to push into FG position in the next series. I look at this as a Denver loss more than a Baltimore win. The Ravens just took what was given to them.

Reactions: 10 people
There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways he never does in the regular season. I hate it for him. He works so hard, but consistently comes up short in those big moments.

I really thought he had another shot at a Superbowl with this team. But the Broncos secondary looked like they were using Sunseri's scheme and that last INT was just a really bad decision.

Do y'all think Peyton will get another ring before he comes home to coach UT (j/k)?

I don't see it happening. There were some throws tonight that barely got there. I think he has one more shot next year, but Champ Bailey is getting older and that secondary needs help.

Reactions: 1 person
Dont know about another ring but Denver better get a DC or a new Def. they are horrible and one thing a Tennessee fan should know all about is recongnizing a horrible def when they see one.Peyton should of never thrown that last pass.
Champ Bailey got abused all game long.

This one should fall on John Fox for playing so conservative down the stretch in the 4th quarter. You have freaking Peyton Manning at the helm and you decide to put your defense back on the field rather than let Peyton do what he's paid to do? Wow.

Reactions: 11 people
--After Knowshon went out, the Ravens controlled the running game w/4 down linemen
--Broncos only have one deep threat so Ravens could keep safeties up closer
--Broncos could not get a pass rush and left the DBs out to dry. No excuse for tying TD.
--Broncos ran the ball too much in OT.
--Peyton's last pass is impossible to explain.
--Broncos will win the west again next year but need huge upgrades to get to SB XLVIII.

Reactions: 3 people

Denvers a crapload better than what manning used to have.

Get rid of the Gutless Wonder.
I'll be surprised if Elway keeps Fox after that.

Unbelievable. So many blown opportunities. Running the ball on 3rd and 7 at the end of regulation was stupid. It's not like that would have left the Ravens with 15 seconds, they still had over a minute to score. They should have let Peyton throw for the first down. Way too conservative down the stretch. Even in overtime, they ran the ball twice (2nd and 2 and 3rd and 1). Not to mention some very questionable calls by the refs.

And here's why some VolNation people don't understand the massive love and bandwagoning for him. He's a great talent, but sucks when it matters. The only reason he won a Super Bowl was because of Rex Grossman.

He won't win another ring and he sure as hell won't coach. That would be so stupid. He would have to be a GA somewhere for a few years then go coordinate at a small school. Doubt he will spend 4-5 years coaching small time until he can come to UT. But who knows. I've seen crazy on all sorts of levels

Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed he never comes to coach here.

I'm sorry NO one here watched the game.
Manning will get all the bad press around an interception all the while Tony Carter gets beat ALL nite including the tying touchdown that lead to the overtime.
Tony couldn't defend my Grandma!! Riduculous.....

This one should fall on John Fox for playing so conservative down the stretch in the 4th quarter. You have freaking Peyton Manning at the helm and you decide to put your defense back on the field rather than let Peyton do what he's paid to do? Wow.

You have Peyton manning at the helm and he blew the game. He committed the number one sin at the QB position: never throw across your body. He lost the game.

Reactions: 3 people
The Broncos played one absolutely horrible game defensively today but, strangely, they were one of the league's best over the course of the regular season, finishing 2nd in total defense (2012 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN), 3rd in rushing defense (2012 NFL Team Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN), and 3rd in passing defense (2012 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN).

I think their schedule has something to do with that. I never thought it was particularly strong.

people speak like peyton got no help today.

they had two kick returns for td's. they had one scoring drive from midway through the 2nd quarter until the end of the game.

it was a team loss. several people did not get it done.

No, this was his last best chance.

Unbelievable. So many blown opportunities. Running the ball on 3rd and 7 at the end of regulation was stupid. It's not like that would have left the Ravens with 15 seconds, they still had over a minute to score. They should have let Peyton throw for the first down. Way too conservative down the stretch. Even in overtime, they ran the ball twice (2nd and 2 and 3rd and 1). Not to mention some very questionable calls by the refs.

Very funny how people said at Indy he ran the offense and was the coach, but at Denver it's different? Don't buy that one minute. For all we know he is the one who decided to take the knee.

The Broncos' D just going completely idiotic and Peyton's refusal to throw and awkward body language plus refusal to give an interview after the game is why I'm thinking this game was "influenced"

You have Peyton manning at the helm and he blew the game. He committed the number one sin at the QB position: never throw across your body. He lost the game.

It was a horrible mistake that I'll say was the cherry on top of the crap sundae Denver made, but he didn't lose the game there. Whatever idiotic defense they were running with 30 seconds left is what lost the game.

There is absolutely no excuse at all to let the receiver get behind you in that situation. None at all.

And here's why some VolNation people don't understand the massive love and bandwagoning for him. He's a great talent, but sucks when it matters. The only reason he won a Super Bowl was because of Rex Grossman.

He won't win another ring and he sure as hell won't coach. That would be so stupid. He would have to be a GA somewhere for a few years then go coordinate at a small school. Doubt he will spend 4-5 years coaching small time until he can come to UT. But who knows. I've seen crazy on all sorts of levels

Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed he never comes to coach here.

He def didn't suck man. That defense sucked. He throw one terrible pass but they shouldn't be in OT anyways. Manning did everything right up to that last play. No QB is asked to do as much as Manning is other then Brees. Period.

It was a horrible mistake that I'll say was the cherry on top of the crap sundae Denver made, but he didn't lose the game there. Whatever idiotic defense they were running with 30 seconds left is what lost the game.

There is absolutely no excuse at all to let the receiver get behind you in that situation. None at all.

It wasn't the scheme; it was the Adams kid playing S and he bit on the play and left Jones wide open instead of just staying back and making sure no WR were behind him. I believe it's time to move Bailey to safety too like Charles Woodson did this year for the Pakers.

He def didn't suck man. That defense sucked. He throw one terrible pass but they shouldn't be in OT anyways. Manning did everything right up to that last play. No QB is asked to do as much as Manning is other then Brees. Period.

that game should of never went to OT..that is a bad def.

Bronco's defense is much better than anything that Manning had with the Colts, on paper. In a playoff game, you count on 1) the defense, and 2) QB manages the game. Broncos failed at both aspects at the most critical times.

In my opinion, Manning played well enough to win the game, even though this standard is awfully low for Manning, but he still put the team at the position to win. The defense, on the other hand, failed miserably. Not just Tony Carter, but the entire defense. The most touted pass rush was non-existent tonight, and the secondary (all of them: Baily, Moore, Carter...) was exposed. The failure on the defense is deadly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back