2013 AL PG Travon Landry

Numbers look similar, however washpun atleast was an elite athlete.
Washpun also averaged 18 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 3.7 steals and 2.1 blocks per game in his senior season of high school. To this point, Landry hasn't gotten close to double figures and his steals numbers aren't in that neighborhood. Acknowledge that steals numbers aren't always indicative of a great defender, but it's a nice stat for an elite PG.

Will be interesting to see if Landry's senior numbers pick up as his high school team lost it's two leading scorers last season and he almost has to start scoring for them to stay in the upper levels of AL high school basketball.

Washpun also averaged 18 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 3.7 steals and 2.1 blocks per game in his senior season of high school. To this point, Landry hasn't gotten close to double figures and his steals numbers aren't in that neighborhood. Acknowledge that steals numbers aren't always indicative of a great defender, but it's a nice stat for an elite PG.

Will be interesting to see if Landry's senior numbers pick up as his high school team lost it's two leading scorers last season and he almost has to start scoring for them to stay in the upper levels of AL high school basketball.

To be fair Landry did average double figures as a sophomore on varsity.

He's shutting down the other teams best player. He doesn't switch on defense because he doesn't have to switch. Also, the kid doesn't have to score, have you seen his team? They are loaded. He is their distributor or point guard.

I'm very impressed with Landry's defense and ball handling...he's also clearly the "leader/captain" of this team, he has the respect of his players.

Just has a nice take on a fast break opportunity.

He's shutting down the other teams best player. He doesn't switch on defense because he doesn't have to switch. Also, the kid doesn't have to score, have you seen his team? They are loaded. He is their distributor or point guard.

Then where are the assists?

Then where are the assists?

He's had one. Also, they play a lot of one on one. They have the number one player in the country. They throw it to him and he just goes to the hoop. Don't talk smack because he's loaded with talent around him. He's not MJ but he looks like good passer and tough defender. It's better than what we have brother.

He's had one. Also, they play a lot of one on one. They have the number one player in the country. They throw it to him and he just goes to the hoop. Don't talk smack because he's loaded with talent around him. He's not MJ but he looks like good passer and tough defender. It's better than what we have brother.

Didn't know looking for productive stats in a DI PG recruit was talking smack. For the year his APG are low and others on his team are up. I hope he's great here, but I'm not overly optimistic right now.

Just saying he is shuting down the other teams top 40 player/ point guard. He can handle the ball really well and their offense is one on one. It looks like they just out athlete you and not out scheme you.

Just saying he is shuting down the other teams top 40 player/ point guard. He can handle the ball really well and their offense is one on one. It looks like they just out athlete you and not out scheme you.

Hope you're right. Rathan-Mayes is averaging 6.8 APG, so somebody is distributing.

Our fan base one day will be happy and support our players. We doubt everything because fans just won't believe that good things happen to our university.

I watched most of this game. He'll be fine. Just plays with a team full of superstars. He does the little things well. Plays defense, gets the ball inside, and sets up the offense.

Well I wrote a huge write up about Landry, but my phone was acting stupid.

I watched the game today and was impressed with Landry. He didn't make and flashy plays, but did exactly what you need a pg to do.

- Defense: he defended really well. I don't remember seeing the person he was defending get past him once. He had a nice block and a nice steal.

-Offense: He drove the ball in once and made a contested layup. Don't think I saw him shoot any jump shots though.

-PG skill: he is an excellent ball handler and can pass the ball pretty well. He found the open player a lot and had a couple of really nice passes, and a really nice no look pass when he drove to the lane.

Final thoughts: he is what we currently need. He doesn't turn the ball over hardly at all. He gets the ball up the court with out turning the ball over. And he makes solid passes that lead to points. If you go by highlights or stats he isn't going to impress you...but if you watch a whole game of his you'll be impressed by his defending and his pg skills. Don't expect a scorer but a passer, what we need. Overall I think he'll do fine at UT.

Last edited:
He's 6' and dribbles low and quick, very hard to strip.

That's all we'll need out of him next year. Get Maymon back, get Hubbs in and let Landry relieve Golden.

I'd put Moore on the wing. I thought he played well today. His defense still needs help, but that is the best I've seen him play.

Reese needs to not take every shot he gets. He's a little too quick triggered.

If Hubbs can hit the outside shot, that should free Richardson up to get garbage baskets and McRae to do his thing. McRae is finally playing like the player we thought he was.

I hope he proves me wrong.

I think he will prove a lot of people wrong. What are you realistically expecting out of him to prove you wrong? In really curious to hear everyone's expeditions. I just want a pg that can handle the ball without turning it over, a pg that passes the ball down low, and to open shooters, and to defend his position. And I think he can do all of that.

VN Store

Back