BCS still has ND #1 after BCSNCG

I think they listed ND's schedule around 6th or 7th. Bama, TAMU, Georgia, Florida and LSU were ahead of them and ND barely nosed out Mizz, K State and South Carolina in the top ten SOS’s.

Who is "they"?

There's no way Bama's schedule strength was that high. It's not all their fault (see Arky and Auburn), but there was a lot of deadweight on their schedule. Unfortunately, some of that deadweight wears orange.

Wait a minute...Bubba Bama claims 1973 as a NC year? After Notre Dame beat them? In the final game?

bwaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa!!!!!

Easy...UT claims the 1951 national title but lost to #3 Maryland in the bowl game.

If Louisville claimed 14 hoops titles to UK's eight, this thread represents what I imagine the UK fanbase would sound like.

If Louisville claimed 14 hoops titles to UK's eight, this thread represents what I imagine the UK fanbase would sound like.
It's all just a different game. As far as I'm concerned, college football as we know it didn't even come into existence until the late 60's/early 70's.

I'm not making fun of anyone for claiming a lame math system title, so what exactly is your point?

Sure looked like a smart azz comment. Others thought the same too

Maybe a "j/k" or a sarcasm face might go along way towards your true meaning

Sure looked like a smart azz comment. Others thought the same too

Maybe a "j/k" or a sarcasm face might go along way towards your true meaning

I was pointing out hypocrisy from someone making fun of Bama for claiming a math system title. I quoted the comment in question, so that should have been somewhat obvious.

I was pointing out hypocrisy from someone making fun of Bama for claiming a math system title. I quoted the comment in question, so that should have been somewhat obvious.

Well, it wasnt. You might have thought it was but it didnt work

You're thinking of '67. OSU won the title in '68 and Texas in '69.

That, or it's an SEC Championship ring from '69.

You're right. It was 67 and Litkenhous named Tennessee national champs. The rings weren't actually made until 40 years later when some of the players from that team let it be known that it was BS that we were handing out rings for winning the division yet they had an NCAA recognized national title and hasn't gotten squat.

You're right. It was 67 and Litkenhous named Tennessee national champs. The rings weren't actually made until 40 years later when some of the players from that team let it be known that it was BS that we were handing out rings for winning the division yet they had an NCAA recognized national title and hasn't gotten squat.

That title isn't on the NCAA's list of recognized championships. But those players should have rings if the school is gonna claim it.

VN Store

Back