Lady Vols adapt to smaller roster

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
With injuries to Cierra Burdick and Andraya Carter, the already short-handed Lady Vols' bench continues to shrink.

Lady Vols adapt to smaller roster | The Daily Beacon

Along with the usual directives, Tennessee's coaches remind the Lady Vols more often lately about getting sufficient rest and eating properly.

"It sounds like something your parents would say," guard Meighan Simmons said, "Like my parents probably would be like 'you need to go to sleep. You need to eat.' "

Lady Vols looking to get rest, not relaxation » GoVolsXtra

both were interesting reads,it explains CHW taking so many time outs,when there not needed

I think the players can live with it as long as it has been explained to them in detail. They should embrace it as a good thing as it helps the team to be a winner.

that is true,but it will wear them down as the year goes on,is what bothers me,and another injury or two could be devastating,here is to hoping Burdick recovers soon from her injury

i wished they could get back up to at least 13 players on the bench,but with players graduating and them taking 3 players this year,that should be 12 players for next year and that is hoping nobody leaves for any reason,of course like was discussed in another thread,no reason to take players unless they can contribute

and if Phillips and Moore leave,that could be really bad

Phillips is in the doghouse for some reason,she has only played a few minutes and that is because of a lack of depth,she looks to be healthy and has fixed her academic problems, no idea what is gong on with her

Moore could leave due to Russell coming and thinking she won't get any playing time

I would like to see both of them get more playing time in these runaway games,which would rest other players,which seems to be needed and would make me feel better about them coming back next year

The way we (mens team)run players in and out.When I played it killed us to be benched.Can't get in the flow of the game.

Last edited:
wasn't that why CPS went to a smaller roster? or was it to offer more playing time for recruits?I don't remember, the problem now,is are they going to be beat down by the years end,maybe,if they watch what they are doing it should be OK and where did you play at ? I'm just curious

Freshmen tend to wear down at the end of a season from the mental and physical wear. That is one problem with playing KY at the end and being so low on players on all season.

yea it is them getting worn out,that could be a problem,but it sounds like the coaches have a game plan for it

I only saw the last few minutes and overtime of the Florida game but it looked like some of the players were a bit tired. They were leaving shots short that they normally hit. Graves in particular seemed a bit tired but she may just have that look like Bjorkland did... always circles under the eyes.

What this team does that we haven't seen in a while is find a way to fight back and win these sorts of games. But judging by the defense and leaving the ball short on the rim I think they are a bit run down now. Hopefully they will get a second wind soon.

For us to play the sort of defense that would put us back in the top five nationally we will need better depth. Winning the SEC would be a huge accomplishment for this bunch and the win today keeps us out front. The ladies really dug down and pulled a win out when they were not at their best.

Yeah, the short bench hurts this team. Good to see them dig down deep a pull out the win. It's got to be tough when your bench is two players. I think everyone needs to keep that in mind when assessing this team. This is a gutsy bunch playing with this short of an active roster.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back