Who do you think will play the Leo position next year?

volfrk86

I think it will be Curt Maggitt. I know Jaques Smith played the Jack for us last year but I think he would be better suited for a SDE with his hand on the ground. I think that once he is healthy Maggitt will be our best and most effective pass rusher this year. Here is how I think our front seven will shake out.

SDE-Smith

NT-Mccullers

Dt-Couch

WDE (LEO)- Maggitt

WLB- Bynum

MLB- Johnson

SLB-Harris

Last edited:
IT is similar to a Jack Linebacker in a 3-4. It is a WDE who stands up on the line and is a glorified pass rusher and that is all he does is rush the passer. The Leo can also play as a linebacker or a SDE to confuse the offense, but it is usually a WDE.

I think it will be Curt Maggitt. I know Jaques Smith played the Jack for us last year but I think he would be better suited for a SDE with his hand on the ground. I think that once he is healthy Maggitt will be our best and most effective pass rusher this year. Here is how I think our front seven will shake out.

SDE-Smith

NT-Mccullers

Dt-Couch

WDE (LEO)- Maggitt

WLB- Bynum

MLB- Johnson

SLB-Harris

I think J Williams is gonna push hard for the starting SDE spot IMO

IT is similar to a Jack Linebacker in a 3-4. It is a WDE who stands up on the line and is a glorified pass rusher and that is all he does is rush the passer. The Leo can also play as a linebacker or a SDE to confuse the offense, but it is usually a WDE.

So basically DeMarcus Ware? I have never one time heard him referred to as a Leo.

From what I have gathered, we might have a true four man front that will have a player who is more comfortable lining up in a stance on the line against larger tackles. Maggitt seems to be more comfortable staying where he is at LB and only spring practices will tell who will start at the WDE (I am another person who has never heard Leo before...).

So basically DeMarcus Ware? I have never one time heard him referred to as a Leo.

Because the Cowboys run a 3-4 so therefore he's a JACK LB. In a 4-3 he is a LEO. LEO arent always used in a 4-3 either. That's a huge misconception in understanding the 4-3 scheme. LEO are only used in high pass rush situations. They can be used to confuse the QB on passing downs. You put a pass rusher in on 3rd and 10 and all of a sudden drop him back in coverage it can throw the QB for a loop and allow other defenders to make a play.

SDE: Jordan Williams/ Corey Miller
NT: Daniel McCullers
DT: Mo Couch
WDE (down lineman): Jacques Smith/ Jordan Williams or Carl Lawson if we get him

Reactions: 1 person
I'm a Libra, I enjoy long walks in the rain, hiking, and cuddling by the fire. Wait I thought this was E-Harmony

Reactions: 1 person
I think we're going to have enough good D linemen that Maggitt will stay at his LB position.

He may be used to blitz from his LB position but I think we're going to see blitzing coming from alot of places and coming more often with the bUTch D system.

We may see alot of the DE dropping back to cover the TE and the OLB blitzing more too so we get more pure speed on blitz packages.

I just feel like we're going all out alot more to create pressure on the QB so we can create more turnovers and give our DB's alot more opportunities for INT's.

VFL...GBO!!!

I'm just guessing,but with the lack of good line backers,i would think Maggit stays as a LB not a hands on the ground DE at all

From what I have gathered, we might have a true four man front that will have a player who is more comfortable lining up in a stance on the line against larger tackles. Maggitt seems to be more comfortable staying where he is at LB and only spring practices will tell who will start at the WDE (I am another person who has never heard Leo before...).

:good!:

VN Store

Back