Best beer ever = Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock

Never heard of Germany as a communist state. Unless you're lumping the whole place in with East Germany's short stint.

Might wanna workshop that one a bit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I went to Berlin in the early 90s.

Simmer down, its a joke. I could call it SS or Nazi or Panzer beer if I wanted

Last edited:
I'm partial to Paulaner. Their weissbeer is among the best. The flavor of a beer comes out when it's slightly chilled and losses it's appeal when too cold. A room temperature beer is too heavy for my taste.

Sounds good...But I think they lost me at the suggested serving temperature. Europeans just don't understand that beer should be Cold. Jmo.

you might want to venture out of the back 40 towards Europe and try their non-cold beer before commenting.

There are a whole lot less preservatives in their beer simply because they dont need it. It doesnt last long enough to go bad. When your grocery shopping carts have a special rack specifically designed to hold a case of beer, beer doesnt sit on a shelf very long. The quality of the beer is different and so very smooth.

One of my first encounters with "warm" beer was when I was on the airplane going to Germany. I ordered a Heineken (that's what was offered) and when I got the can I could feel is wasnt cold at all. "This is going to suck" I thought but I took that first swig and it was the smoothest beer I've ever had. No burn, no aftertaste. Just good beer. Chilled a bit but not cold.

I go to Germany about once a year and there are some brands I just dont like much the same here in the states so cold, chilled, or hot I wont order them. I dont want my German beers "cold", I want them room temp or slightly chilled. On the other hand, please cool my American beer as much as possible.

you might want to venture out of the back 40 towards Europe and try their non-cold beer before commenting.

There are a whole lot less preservatives in their beer simply because they dont need it. It doesnt last long enough to go bad. When your grocery shopping carts have a special rack specifically designed to hold a case of beer, beer doesnt sit on a shelf very long. The quality of the beer is different and so very smooth.

One of my first encounters with "warm" beer was when I was on the airplane going to Germany. I ordered a Heineken (that's what was offered) and when I got the can I could feel is wasnt cold at all. "This is going to suck" I thought but I took that first swig and it was the smoothest beer I've ever had. No burn, no aftertaste. Just good beer. Chilled a bit but not cold.

I go to Germany about once a year and there are some brands I just dont like much the same here in the states so cold, chilled, or hot I wont order them. I dont want my German beers "cold", I want them room temp or slightly chilled. On the other hand, please cool my American beer as much as possible.

Totally agree, beer tastes best slightly below room temperature but not over chilled like many places in the US. You can not experience all the ingredients and tastes when it is too cold. Nothing communist here, remember the Nazis hated the communists, just beer ignorance going on.

Totally agree, beer tastes best slightly below room temperature but not over chilled like many places in the US. You can not experience all the ingredients and tastes when it is too cold. Nothing communist here, remember the Nazis hated the communists, just beer ignorance going on.

Right.

The whole reason sh*tty beers like Coors and Bud Light insist on coldness is so you can't taste the awful ingredients. They taste awful when warm.

But something like a good stout is great to enjoy as it goes from cold to cool. As it warms more flavors come out, and it's glorious.

I limit my "best beer" ranking to those I can get at Food City. As long as it's not a hot summer day, I find it hard to beat an ice-cold Guinness.

Sounds good...But I think they lost me at the suggested serving temperature. Europeans just don't understand that beer should be Cold. Jmo.

my wife calls me a beer nerd and Im afraid Im about to prove her right.

Beer being served super cold is basically a way of tricking you into drinking crappy beer, ie Budweiser. The colder the beer the less your taste buds can register the taste. Try a beer around 34 degrees then try it about 45 degrees and see the difference in taste. My kegerator usually stays in the low to mid 40s.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back