Beer (and beer pics!)

At Universal Studios in Orlando over the holidays. Family was dying to see Harry Potter's World. To my delight, discovered they have a private label Scotch Ale in the dinning hall. It was light for a Scotch Ale but very good!

Most I could find out is it comes from Melbourne,FL but don't know the brewery.

The Pilsner Refill glass and $0.99 Refill Popcorn bucket were the best deals, I called it daddy's survival kit :)

Attachments

• Daddy's Survival Kit.jpg
    Daddy's Survival Kit.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1
At Universal Studios in Orlando over the holidays. Family was dying to see Harry Potter's World. To my delight, discovered they have a private label Scotch Ale in the dinning hall. It was light for a Scotch Ale but very good!

Most I could find out is it comes from Melbourne,FL but don't know the brewery.

The Pilsner Refill glass and $0.99 Refill Popcorn bucket were the best deals, I called it daddy's survival kit :)

I don't think I've ever had a scotch ale. What are some good ones to look out for?

I don't think I've ever had a scotch ale. What are some good ones to look out for?

Twisted Kilt by Thirsty Dog (OH Brewery) is one of my favorites but considered on the light side for Scotch Ales.

Claymore by Great Divide Brewery is another good one.

Wee Heavy is a category and I forget the name of the craft brewery we get around here, probably out west somewhere.

They tend to be dark with a hearty body and a slight caramel after taste. I think there are different categories. I'm sure 9296 and Milo know more about them and can provide more info.

Great sitting and drinking beers, during a good session the Scottish influence makes me want to punch my British neighbor in the face except he usually is the one that brings the stuff over so I have to restrain myself :)

Twisted Kilt by Thirsty Dog (OH Brewery) is one of my favorites but considered on the light side for Scotch Ales.

Claymore by Great Divide Brewery is another good one.

Wee Heavy is a category and I forget the name of the craft brewery we get around here, probably out west somewhere.

They tend to be dark with a hearty body and a slight caramel after taste. I think there are different categories. I'm sure 9296 and Milo know more about them and can provide more info.

Great sitting and drinking beers, during a good session the Scottish influence makes me want to punch my British neighbor in the face except he usually is the one that brings the stuff over so I have to restrain myself :)

Hahaha

Don't want to fall to the next page....

Had a wonderful Berliner from Jackie O's at the Winter Warmer Vol. party. Not a huge fan of the style, but this stuff was awesome.

We are having a big group tasting this Saturday at DeSano's Pizza in the Demonbreun area...really looking forward to trying some more stuff.

In Denver area. Had some good things, in particular Crooked Stave L'Brett D'or which is quite sour. River North Whiskey Barrel Aged Averice, an RIS was very smooth. Bear Republic Racer X was another winner for you hopheads out there.

In Denver area. Had some good things, in particular Crooked Stave L'Brett D'or which is quite sour. River North Whiskey Barrel Aged Averice, an RIS was very smooth. Bear Republic Racer X was another winner for you hopheads out there.

Had that crooked stave today at our tasting...great stuff

On par with Pliney imho

SNL_Andy_Samberg_-_Nicolas_Cage.jpg

Below are recent samplings. The boss bought me a monthly craft beer tasting gift so I get 12 beers from 2 breweries each month:

Mojo IPA - Boulder Brewery, this is a medium IPA, not as strong citrus hop taste as West Coast but stronger than the milder British types. Good overall body and taste.

Never Summer Ale - Boulder Brewery, this is a dark ale with a slight heavy taste. Very flavorful but none of the sweet vanilla or Cinnamon or Nutmeg flavors coming through. Nice Winter Ale.

Nippletop Milk Stout - Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, not a big Stout fan. This one tasted good, not too much chocolate or too heavy. Course the name somehow makes it taste better :)

Ubu Ale - Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, this is a dark and heavy ale. Similar to some of the strong English Ales.

Winter Brew - Joseph Brau Brewing, available at Trader Joe's for low cost. Dark and bit heavy lager. Decent but not my favorite Winter style lager.

Attachments

• Recent Beers.jpg
    Recent Beers.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back