UK announces $110M upgrades to Commonwealth

I highly doubt that considering the amount of home football games UK has each year compared to the every game sellouts at Rupp arena...Remember Rupp holds almost 25,000 while commonwealth holds around 67,000...So go ahead and add your knot into knots and see what you come up with...UK basketball pays the bills at UK.

You are just wrong. See my post earlier in the thread.

Reactions: 1 person
I highly doubt that considering the amount of home football games UK has each year compared to the every game sellouts at Rupp arena...Remember Rupp holds almost 25,000 while commonwealth holds around 67,000...So go ahead and add your knot into knots and see what you come up with...UK basketball pays the bills at UK.

Brian provided the link for you, apparently you aren't up for some light reading. Do some research Sherlock. the revenue isn't even close.

What was Ky's stated attendance vs. actual attendance this year? Someone posted those figures in one of the threads. Ky lost out on a lot of concession sales because the stadium was practically empty for the last two games, but their ticket sales was higher. No one just showed up.

What was Ky's stated attendance vs. actual attendance this year? Someone posted those figures in one of the threads. Ky lost out on a lot of concession sales because the stadium was practically empty for the last two games, but their ticket sales was higher. No one just showed up.

One should go back and look at the revenue during the Brooks tenure, especially during the string of straight bowl games. That is a better picture of the revenue KY football can potentially generate.

One should go back and look at the revenue during the Brooks tenure, especially during the string of straight bowl games. That is a better picture of the revenue KY football can potentially generate.

I'm not saying hoops brings in more money. I'm just saying that this year hoops might bring in as much in a bad year in football.

I'm not saying hoops brings in more money. I'm just saying that this year hoops might bring in as much in a bad year in football.

Yeah, I gotcha. I completely agree. Probably the worst revenue season in decades for UK, still doubles that of a great hoops season. During good years, that ration should be closer to 3:1, maybe even 4:1.

Yeah, I gotcha. I completely agree. Probably the worst revenue season in decades for UK, still doubles that of a great hoops season. During good years, that ration should be closer to 3:1, maybe even 4:1.

What is the price of a hoops tix at Ky? What is it for a football game? Do they change the price of the football ticket based on the opponent like UT does? I'd still say Ky brings in some serious change in hoops. Ky, UT and Ark should bring in the most since they have the largest arenas and usually have the best attendance. Ark has suffered over the last few years, but it'll ramp back up.

The 2012-13 athletic budget approved in the summer by the UK Board of Trustees shows that football is slated to produce $27.6 million in revenue while spending $9.5 million — for a profit of $18.1 million.

By comparison, men’s basketball, even coming off a national championship, is projected to produce $20.8 million in revenue, while spending $12.6 million — for an $8.2 million profit.

Those are the only two profitable programs for the university. The other 20 sports lose a combined $11.6 million, according to the 2012-13 budget.

UK also has a much smaller recruiting budget in football than in basketball. So that is just another smaller expense. While basketball spends more, and has more expenses to their training facilities.

What if you take out TV revenue? I realize UK football collects that revenue from the SEC Network but if the SEC was full of Kentucky's there would be no SEC network...

UK already has the money in season ticket sales. Doesn't matter if 20,000 or 70,000. The money is in the bank. They do lose money on lost concessions revenue, tho.

ok. so, now people can watch kentucky getting their *** kicked in a better facility.

It appears KY is starting to take football serious with the hiring of Stoops and Company, now these upgrades.
You from KY? You seem overly optimistic. I say this bec you said Ansley was a good hire, did you watch our db's?

You from KY? You seem overly optimistic. I say this bec you said Ansley was a good hire, did you watch our db's?

Get off Gramps. We like him. One of the few objective minded fans on this site, willing to actually talk sports.

Upgrades to Commonwealth and the Nutter training facility.

BBNunited

Upgrades to the Nutter Training Center
improved concessions, restrooms, and security
Multi-purpose recruiting room
16 - 20 Private suites
New home team facilities
Approximately 2,000 new club seats
New press facilities
A team store
New full service kitchen
Improve the UK brand at the stadium
Maintain or slightly reduce seating capacity while increasing the value of the remaining seats

UK Athletics will also pledge to allocate $100M for an Academic Science building at UK.

All funding comes directly from athletic revenue.

Should be done by July 2015.

:good!:

"Nutter" training facility, smh :birgits_giggle:

VN Store

Back