13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the guy personally. I was shocked a few years ago when i found out he was the recruiting guy for the AJC. He's one of the strangest/creepiest people I have ever met.

Carvell? He's the worst of the bunch, IMO. All he does is steal info from the paid sites then twist it to get clicks. He goes more for the 'negative' story to get more readers. The Finebaum of written "journalism".

I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I want VB more than anyone else in this class. We need secondary help in the worst way and I think he's got the ability to play any of those positions. He's got the athleticism to run with and lock down receivers at CB, he's physical enough to play the run at safety and has the closing speed to play back there as well. He's just an athlete and I really want him at UT. Put him along side McNeil or Randolph and we would have a great pair of safeties.

Reactions: 1 person
^ I really want VB to be a Vol also. He tape is nice, but I thought he looked even better last weekend in the all-star game.

I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I want VB more than anyone else in this class. We need secondary help in the worst way and I think he's got the ability to play any of those positions. He's got the athleticism to run with and lock down receivers at CB, he's physical enough to play the run at safety and has the closing speed to play back there as well. He's just an athlete and I really want him at UT. Put him along side McNeil or Randolph and we would have a great pair of safeties.

He and Randolph as starting safeties and bring in McNeil in nickel situations and slide Vonn over to nickel back......

I want VB to be a Vol desperately but, out of the uncommitted recruits we are in on, Lawson is the most needed IMO. VB would drastically upgrade a pedestrian secondary with his athleticism and skill but Lawson can be a disruptive force on the line which would make the secondary look better simply because he would get pressure. I think UT's secondary has looked so bad because of the lack of a consistent pass rush. I think Lawson and Carr as DEs would be a lethal combination. I sure hope VB is back there to cover the WRs, etc., but Lawson has got to be the priority with VB a close second.

He and Randolph as starting safeties and bring in McNeil in nickel situations and slide Vonn over to nickel back......

I like the sound of that. Vonn at FS and Randolph/McNeil at SS in pur regular sets then move Vonn down to nickel and Randolph over to FS in passing situations.

SN: I know McNeil was out of position a lot last year but I feel like a lot of that was due to coaching. I think he played slow at times because he was unsure about himself and his responsinilities. I still think he's got tremendous potential and will end up being an excellent players for us...he's got the tools. I can't wait to see how much he has improved come next season after an offseason of studying and hitting the weights. I think he takes a big step forward next year.

I want VB to be a Vol desperately but, out of the uncommitted recruits we are in on, Lawson is the most needed IMO. VB would drastically upgrade a pedestrian secondary with his athleticism and skill but Lawson can be a disruptive force on the line which would make the secondary look better simply because he would get pressure. I think UT's secondary has looked so bad because of the lack of a consistent pass rush. I think Lawson and Carr as DEs would be a lethal combination. I sure hope VB is back there to cover the WRs, etc., but Lawson has got to be the priority with VB a close second.

I agree. Game changing DE's make the secondary and the LB's better as well.

I completely agree with you about the D line but I just really like VB. I think he's going to be a special player.

Last edited:
Just heard Von Bell to the Vols. See how easy that is?

Seriously, he has said that he will take his visits, and give everyone a fair chance. Don't think we know until NSD.

but, since we get his last visit before NSD, we still have a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back