2014 Georgia Forward Phil Cofer

Guys rated in the top 150 would be a great start.....I'm not expecting a Kentucky class and I actually like AJ but Martin still has a ways to go.

He seems to be improving and that's what I wanna see. This next class is his best, and that's improvement.

@LifeisDeep_: I swear we should have had that W.

That was Cofer on twitter.

Might be the first 2014 committ we get.

Would be huge.

Martin can't recruit though. Remember that. One big time star per class doesn't meaning anything if you don't have some role players to go along with them! As a matter of fact, I don't even think it should count! :eek:lol:

Can't take much from that, but wow at his ability to get up quickly. He's a really quick jumper. Reminds me of Duke Crews and his ability to get up.

Also, I love the afro.

Reminds me a little of a young Dyron Nix with his leaping ability.

Reactions: 1 person
Would be huge.

Martin can't recruit though. Remember that. One big time star per class doesn't meaning anything if you don't have some role players to go along with them! As a matter of fact, I don't even think it should count! :eek:lol:

He's a guy that's gonna continue to move up the rankings as well IMO.

“@OntheRadarHoops: Monster game tonight for 2014 PF Phil Cofer @LifeisDeep_ Whitewater (GA) as he finished with 47pts 9rebs 2blks”

“@OntheRadarHoops: Monster game tonight for 2014 PF Phil Cofer @LifeisDeep_ Whitewater (GA) as he finished with 47pts 9rebs 2blks”

This isn't to sound negative... but is he playing in like a single A sized division? I mean. If he were putting up those stats in a strong league there's no chance he's not a 5 star right?

This isn't to sound negative... but is he playing in like a single A sized division? I mean. If he were putting up those stats in a strong league there's no chance he's not a 5 star right?

He plays in a good division in Georgia, not against a bunch of private school white kids lol. This is his all time high, so not like he's putting these numbers up on a nightly basis. With that said, I expect him to be a 4* top 100 player by the time he commits.

He plays in a good division in Georgia, not against a bunch of private school white kids lol. This is his all time high, so not like he's putting these numbers up on a nightly basis. With that said, I expect him to be a 4* top 100 player by the time he commits.

ESPNs 2014 rankings just came out..

Cofer earned a 4th star and is ranked the #56 player in the country.

Other Tennessee targets:

#7 Kevon Looney
#11 Leron Black
#16 Jaquan Lyle
#17 Jalen Lindsey
#25 Ahmed Hill
#26 JaKeenan Gant

Other Tennessee targets:

#7 Kevon Looney
#11 Leron Black
#16 Jaquan Lyle
#17 Jalen Lindsey
#25 Ahmed Hill
#26 JaKeenan Gant

Looney, Lyle, Linsey, Gant, and Cofer would be the best class in UT history.

Other Tennessee targets:

#7 Kevon Looney
#11 Leron Black
#16 Jaquan Lyle
#17 Jalen Lindsey
#25 Ahmed Hill
#26 JaKeenan Gant

If he can pull 3 of the 6 and cofer, I am willing to give Martin 4 years.

Lyle, Lindsay, Looney and Cofer would be my 4 I would hope we get. Add Hubbs and possibly Stokes as a Senior and you know what damage we will do.

Lyle, Lindsay, Looney and Cofer would be my 4 I would hope we get. Add Hubbs and possibly Stokes as a Senior and you know what damage we will do.

If Stokes keeps playing, he'll be gone after his junior year (which would be fine, because that means UT has a very good/great year).

Leaving we know for sure:

Edwards
McRae
Golden
Maymon

Possible
Stokes
Hubbs

I'd say Stokes leaves, Hubbs stay (hypothetical)

The 2013 (without Stokes/seniors)
G Travon Landry
G Armani Moore
G Josh Richardson
G Robert Hubbs
G/F Quinton Chievious
F Derek Reese
F A.J. Davis
C Yemi Makanjoula

That's not a bad team without adding any players from recruiting for 2014 (who knows, maybe we take off Chevious and add Owootoah).

Now, let's make a mock UT class, giving them five players

G JaQuan Lyle
G Jalen Lindsey
F Kevon Looney
F Phil Cofer
C Isaac Haas

That's near best case scenario. That's a top 10 class and possibly top five. Basically that's the best class in UT history.

Anyways, your 2014-2015 rotation:

PG- JaQuan Lyle/Travon Landry
SG- Robert Hubbs/Armani Moore
SF- Josh Richardson/Derek Reese or Quinton Cheivous
PF- Kevon Looney/Phil Cofer or A.J. Davis
C- Yemi Makanjoula/Isaac Hass

That's a damn good basketball team. The only question is, could Yemi/Haas hold the fort at center? Phil Cofer is 6'8/210 right now (ESPN as him at 195, I highly doubt that). Can he play center if he got up to 230? I think so and that would help out.

That's a young team, but an NCAA tourney team IMO.

I'm glad you did the breakdown, if you don't mind I'm gonna copy and save it. I've done it 3 or 4 times because people keep acting like 2014 we will have NOBODY...it's really not that bad. If we lose stokes its because we had a great year and that'll only help recruiting.

I'm glad you did the breakdown, if you don't mind I'm gonna copy and save it. I've done it 3 or 4 times because people keep acting like 2014 we will have NOBODY...it's really not that bad. If we lose stokes its because we had a great year and that'll only help recruiting.

Just with Hubbs/Richardson/Yemi (I think Yemi is going to become a monster his junior year. He's made really nice strides defensively this year) you have a decent core.

I think everything will work it's self out next year. If we don't have the offensive struggles next year recruits notice and they will come. They see freshman coming in and getting equal and fair oppourtunities to prove themselves then they will want to come. The freshman Hubbs more importantly will be our biggest recruiters. I'm not worried about anything recruiting wise for 14. Martin is recruiting and trying with top talent.

Just with Hubbs/Richardson/Yemi (I think Yemi is going to become a monster his junior year. He's made really nice strides defensively this year) you have a decent core.

Bingo. Yemi will be a senior by then, and if he can stay on the floor 30 minutes will be a double double machine IMO.

I also think Davis who will be a sophomore will be very good.

Bingo. Yemi will be a senior by then, and if he can stay on the floor 30 minutes will be a double double machine IMO.

I like Davis. I don't know how good he will be. It'd be nice if he can provide us backup 4 minutes next year, although Reese has done well in backup 4 minutes.

I think people are down playing Davis and his NBA blood lines to an extent because of what happened with Swiperboy. I think he will be solid. Growing into his height still. Has a jumper.

I think people are down playing Davis and his NBA blood lines to an extent because of what happened with Swiperboy. I think he will be solid. Growing into his height still. Has a jumper.

He's a much more polished and ready to play Reese IMO.

Has that outside shot, but his inside game is better than Reese's as well.

Yemi is gonna need to learn how to dunk the ball when he catches it instead of trying to lay it off the glass. Or at least explode high on his lay ups. He gets blocked a lot from behind when he's fouled.

From Rivals (He had 28 & 12 in his last game):

"I like Georgia Tech, Georgia, Tennessee, Miami, and Alabama the most right now," Cofer revealed. "Alabama hasn't offered yet, but their assistant coach said they will when their head coach comes to see me play."
Cofer plans to make a verbal commitment sometime during his senior year. Once his junior year of high school basketball is over, he'll spend AAU season playing with the Georgia Stars in the Nike EYBL. He's currently the 3rd ranked prospect in the GAVarsity.com 2014 Top 25.

VN Store

Back