View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
BruinVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowmeVols View Post
Thanks for that info Vol4ever,

I think the common denominator between most of the departures is not their home state but who recruited them.

It's just a fact of life that coaches prefer working with players they recruited over players they inherited. Unless the children from the previous marriage quickly convince the new coach they are key contributors, it's generally better for everyone if they find a fresh start somewhere else with a new coach who chooses them. It's nobody's fault. Just the way the business works.

More than 2/3 of Raleigh's last recruiting class is already gone now heading into their sophomore season. I will be surprised if more than 5 Raleigh recruits from all classes combined are on the roster next year.

Allen was a top 1000 prospect out of high school. A season at a JUCO where he gets lots of AB's and has the chance to figure out college pitching may be the best thing for him.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of the explanation for Harris. If he leaves for a two-year school now, UT takes a guaranteed hit against its Academic Progress Rating. Granted, it's not as big as the hit we'd take if he's not eligible after the spring semester. But, c'mon, we do have that fabulous Thornton Center and all the advising and tutoring available there. Are we really supposed to believe the coaches so doubted their ability to monitor his academic progress that they didn't think they could keep him eligible for one more semester? Hmmm.
Good post. Your point on who recruited the kids is a very good point. The harris explanation makes zero sense since he was eligible. Kids have tough fits semesters all the time and rebound nicely with support from coaches and academic staff. Like I posted before the only thing that really matters is the perception the state coaches have and right now its very bad.
Reply With Quote TOP