2014 Current Commits/Targets

I can't find him listed in the rivals or 247 database.

I'm all for the legacy players but scholarships are limited and I don't want to hand out a scholarship to anyone just because there grandpa, dad or brother was a vol!

I know everyone is banking on the Berry twins but I'm expecting them to only be high 3-star guys possibly low 4-star. My reason being is it appears a lot of the top 2014 guys have already been ranked 4/5-stars and I don't think they have been rated yet.

The Berry's could be 2* and would still be takes. These kids are athletic and have some really good football genes in them. 3 year starters IMO

Reactions: 1 person
Just my opinion (which ain't much) but the only must have guys instate next year are (Not counting Wharton)..
1.) Hurd
2.) Kelly Jr.
3.) Malone
4.) P. Wilson
5.) Gauldon
6.) Barrs

I wasn't solely talking about Tennessee players...

Bars will not be a VOL IMO...

SN: Getting Wharton on board this early will pay dividends with in-state recruiting...

Last edited:
Not to be negative, but I was very disheartened when I saw that Vic Wharton is not even rated on the recruiting sites. I kept scrolling and scrolling down the 3*'s and was like where the he ll is this guy. I had to type his freakin name in to find him and saw "NR". Why all the hoopla over this kid? He looks like a little kid that plays for Karns. There I thought we were starting off solid for 2014, only to be disappointed as usual.

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Not to be negative, but I was very disheartened when I saw that Vic Wharton is not even rated on the recruiting sites. I kept scrolling and scrolling down the 3*'s and was like where the he ll is this guy. I had to type his freakin name in to find him and saw "NR". Why all the hoopla over this kid? He looks like a little kid that plays for Karns. There I thought we were starting off solid for 2014, only to be disappointed as usual.

A lot of kids won't get rated until after NSD and at the beginning of next season. A lot of those 3* guys will end up 4*.

He's already been rated a 4* by Rivals.

Well then that just confirms that Scout sucks and never gives the credit where credit is due! How on earth is he a 4* on Rivals and not even rated on Scout??

Really cause he is rated on two major recruiting site as a 4* and 3* respectively
Rivals

Just reviewed the top 100 players on 247 for 2014. We are really behind on offers, or Dooley was taking his sweet a** time. I realize a coaching change doesn't help.

Dont worry Be happy!!!

"Build it and they will come"
:popcorn:

Just reviewed the top 100 players on 247 for 2014. We are really behind on offers, or Dooley was taking his sweet a** time. I realize a coaching change doesn't help.

Heard on the radio from Chris Low that once Dooley saw the writing on the wall, he basically qut recruiting. I would guess that he quit after the Miss. St. game.

Heard on the radio from Chris Low that once Dooley saw the writing on the wall, he basically qut recruiting. I would guess that he quit after the Miss. St. game.

Dooley was a tool.

I tried to like the guy for a long time, but the more everyone hears about him, he was just awful in every aspect of being our coach.

OCI, something I think might be helpful is, on your original post link all the recruits to either their thread on VN or to one of the recruiting sites so we can get additional info on the players. Just a thought.

Something like this

Current Commits - Offense (1)
WR - Neiko Creamer

Current Commits - Defense (2)
DB - Devaun Swafford (EE)
DB - Vic Wharton (EE)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back