View Map
Ht:6'1"
Wt:187 lbs
40:4.47 secs
Shuttle:4.43
Vertical:30 inches
Class:2013 (High School)

Jason Smith - Yahoo! Sports

Auburn commit. Possible OV to UT on 1/25 per VQ.

"A new name that is a possibility to visit on Jan. 25 is current Auburn commitment and Mobile, Ala., native Jason Smith. The high school quarterback scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend. We caught up with him Tuesday night and he said he's interested in Tennessee because of his relationship with Tommy Thigpen.

"He said their rebuilding and bringing in a new offensive coordinator and a new style of offense to and they run the spread and that's good for me because that's what we run down in Mobile," Smith said. "It's just a fast tempo offense that I'm used to."

Smith is very close to Thigpen, considering him as close as family and that will help the Vols' cause to receive a visit.

"With coach Thig it's like he's a part of the family. He's hilarious, he's a great coach and he's a loving guy to be around. If I were a head coach I'd want him on my staff any day. Recruiting-wise, he's a great coach and I know he's a great person," Smith said."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 4 people
"a new name that is a possibility to visit on jan. 25 is current auburn commitment and mobile, ala., native jason smith. The high school quarterback scheduled to visit auburn this weekend. We caught up with him tuesday night and he said he's interested in tennessee because of his relationship with tommy thigpen.

"he said their rebuilding and bringing in a new offensive coordinator and a new style of offense to and they run the spread and that's good for me because that's what we run down in mobile," smith said. "it's just a fast tempo offense that i'm used to."

smith is very close to thigpen, considering him as close as family and that will help the vols' cause to receive a visit.

"with coach thig it's like he's a part of the family. He's hilarious, he's a great coach and he's a loving guy to be around. If i were a head coach i'd want him on my staff any day. Recruiting-wise, he's a great coach and i know he's a great person," smith said."

- fortenberry
sweet!!!

Every OV and recruiting comment makes me believe we have a staff that will reel in some real talent.

He played WR early in his career.

played QB last two years.

wants to play QB in college said Saban offered him as QB

Auburn commit Jeremy Johnson looked good in the All Star game and looks like a large Cam Newton style QB. Jason Smith may be the better QB and may have a better chance of showing it in our offense.

"A new name that is a possibility to visit on Jan. 25 is current Auburn commitment and Mobile, Ala., native Jason Smith. The high school quarterback scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend. We caught up with him Tuesday night and he said he's interested in Tennessee because of his relationship with Tommy Thigpen.

"He said their rebuilding and bringing in a new offensive coordinator and a new style of offense to and they run the spread and that's good for me because that's what we run down in Mobile," Smith said. "It's just a fast tempo offense that I'm used to."

Smith is very close to Thigpen, considering him as close as family and that will help the Vols' cause to receive a visit.

"With coach Thig it's like he's a part of the family. He's hilarious, he's a great coach and he's a loving guy to be around. If I were a head coach I'd want him on my staff any day. Recruiting-wise, he's a great coach and I know he's a great person," Smith said."

- Fortenberry

I don't like to be the grammar police on here, but its pretty sad when the media is using the wrong form of there, their, and they're.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't like to be the grammar police on here, but its pretty sad when the media is using the wrong form of there, their, and they're.

Yeah, considering I (and many others, I assume) double-check for grammar before posting, you would think the VQ guys would. They get called out on it all the time but as long as the info's good grammar is mostly irrelevant.

Yeah, considering I (and many others, I assume) double-check for grammar before posting, you would think the VQ guys would. They get called out on it all the time but as long as the info's good grammar is mostly irrelevant.

I agree that the info they bring is a little more important, but as a sports journalist myself, it just kind of irks me. I don't usually care about it on here. I just type things out, but I'd never do that with my work.

However, the news was good, and I'd like to see this kid in orange. I think we need two quarterbacks this cycle and he'd be a solid second commit.

Looks like we've got a chance with several current or former Auburn commits. Lawson, AJ Jackson, Cam Toney, & now Smith (I'm know I'm forgetting others bc it's late & can't think clearly). Lemond Johnson also

Sumbody got a twitchy feenger officer
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Looks like we've got a chance with several current or former Auburn commits. Lawson, AJ Jackson, Cam Toney, & now Smith (I'm know I'm forgetting others bc it's late & can't think clearly). Lemond Johnson also

Remember Cadillac Williams? That one still hurts. It's been a while but things are about to come full circle. Payback's a Butch!

I couldn't watch the entire video because I'm at work but what I could see shows he is crazy quick! Holy crap he was elusive. I only saw him throw one pass though. Is he more of a run first QB?
I may be showing my age but does every recruiting video these kids send out have the most ridiculous music and lyrics over them???

Last edited:
Imagine what this kid could do with an OLine that could keep people off of him

I am not sure why it matters to you grammar police so much. I keep seeing posters making fun of VQ and others for making mistakes. Why don't they proof their work you keep asking??? That's an easy answer. They are in a race to be the first to get their info out before their competition. Proofing takes time and as long as it doesn't cloud the overall meaning of the info who cares!

VN Store

Back